a logic entitiy based sound system

hi everyone,i’m trying to make a soundplayer for my map simaller to the one from mobenix, and if i butcher this thread’s spelling its because i’m REALLY F*CKING TIRED

ok, so i have 4 buttons; previous, next, play, and stop.

i have a math counter to select the song, and a logic case to compare the math counter to ceratin numbers.

now i need the math counter to output the name of the ambient_generic that plays the sound (the entity names are SounPlay 1-5) and the play/stop button to recieve these inputs of entity names, and use them in ab output: OnPressed <ambient_generic name here> soundplay and also for soundstop.

anyone know how to do this

I made a similar selector for a Portal map. Don’t use math_counter at all. All you need are 15 logic_relays. name them radionext1, radioprev1, radioplay1, radionext2, radioprev2, radioplay2, radionext3, radioprev3, radioplay3, radionext4, radioprev4, radioplay4, radionext5, radioprev5, and radioplay5. They should all start disabled except for radionext1, radioprev1, and radioplay1. Assuming your ambient_generics are named music1, music2, music3, music4, and music5:

radionext1:
On Trigger - radionext1 - Disable
On Trigger - radionext2 - Enable
On Trigger - radioprev1 - Disable
On Trigger - radioprev2 - Enable
On Trigger - radioplay1 - Disable
On Trigger - radioplay2 - Enable
On Trigger - music1 - StopSound

radioprev1:
On Trigger - radionext1 - Disable
On Trigger - radionext5 - Enable
On Trigger - radioprev1 - Disable
On Trigger - radioprev5 - Enable
On Trigger - radioplay1 - Disable
On Trigger - radioplay5 - Enable
On Trigger - music1 - StopSound

radioplay1:
On Trigger - music1 - PlaySound

The stop button should stop all of the music.
The play button should fire all of the play relays.
The next should fire all of the next relays.
The prev should fire all of the prev relays.

This is the way Valve tends to do it as well. (Decompile Portal’s Chamber 17 and you’ll see a prime example. GLaDOS talks about murdering your Companion Cube with the exact same setup.)

sadly i dont have portal, i beat it on XBOX and didnt bother to buy the game for PC

make it custom sounds then, download portal: first slice and extract the sounds from the gcf