A moon in hammer ?

i was wondering if it were possible to have a moon instead of a sun in your map .
like a env_moon if u know what im saying .I dont relay want to just put something in a 3d skybox i want something that will act like an env_sun and is easy to use .
also any good recommendations on a few good skyboxes / lighting techniques that will make a map look very dark ?

I was wondering if it would be possible to have a moon instead of a sun in my map. Like an env_moon if you know what I’m saying. I don’t really want to just put something in a 3d skybox, I want something that will act like an env_sun and is easy to use. Also any good recommendations on a few good skyboxes / lighting techniques that will make a map look very dark?

Re-wrote in actual English.

Replace the env_sun texture with a moon instead?

treid it it was a square that flickered

Did you copy and past the env_sun’s normal sprite’s VMT settings?

Your best bet to get something that looks good would be addind a moon to the skybox texture and using an env_sun for the glow of the moon.

Don’t use an env_sun for the whole moon, because it doesn’t render until it’s in your screenspace. And last time I checked, the moon doesn’t suddenly appear and disappear.

I suggest you do as they did in Left 4 Dead - use a moon texture in a 3D skybox.

In addition to other suggestions.