A simple question.

Heya guys! So, I’ve been playing GMOD Alot, and I want to ask you a question (if it hasn’t been asked already, im sorry, don’t know how to look for this)

My question - Is there a way I can download a server content so I can play it on Single Player? Because, there is a server with really great SWEPs, and they’re custom, there is no other way to get it, other than this…

Thanks, -MagicReggae.

Look for them on garrysmod.org. That’s the official website for gmod addons. Be careful because there are some rumors saying that there are a few addons that can give you a lua virus. (Any addon with over 8000 downloads should be safe though.)

Welcome to Facepunch and enjoy your stay!

Yeah, but the thing is, there is no way to get it, they’re completely custom, is there a way to get it from the server content it self?

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/6774/howdoithreadtitle.png

Uh yeah actually make use of your ability to enter in a lengthy thread title and don’t just re-state what the thread icon already says. Briefly describe the problem you’re having there and you’ll get more people willing to help, THANKS.

The models/materials content you will probably have if you downloaded it from the server.
The sweps depend on how they were created. If they follow the scheme most use (everything in a shared.lua file) it’s just a matter of extracting the file from the lua cache file. If they don’t do this, and actually have seperate server/client files there is no way to get them…

Thanks, you answered my question! You can lock this :wink:

You can’t get them the normal way if they are custom, but you can basically just find the model in your models/ and copy most of the sourcecode from your cache/, as the server file is probrably the same as the client file (same goes with most sweps).