A stupid AF idea for sbox(keys again, ik...)

So, i am back with another supid idea…

I present: ACTIVITY & KNOWLEDGE BASED QUEUE

This queue works like this:

1. Be active on the discord or on the forms
  2. Unlock the option between 2 quizzez, mapping or C#
  3. Complete the quiz
  4. If you scored enough, you will get placed in a special queue based on score(and possibly activity)
  5. Wait
  6. Get your key!

This is a horrible idea, but it might work, who knows…

Bye!

Youre right

9 Likes

You have idea, maybe great or not
but why would garry do that?(wasting his time on this idea)
Quizzes can be bypassed (one passed and gave everyone answers)
Activity != knowledge in programming/mapping/modeling (I can just spam on the forum for “activity”)

give some pros of this idea(not “Get your key!” pros)

2 Likes

It’s nice, but there’s room for improvements, my version of the queue works like this:

1. Be me
  2. I get my key!

This is a perfect idea and it’s going to work.

Seriously, stop giving bad ideas that would just give you a better chance because you placed last in the regular queue.

6 Likes

Now I’m seriously questioning whether it was better without the queue in the first place…

I mean, we’ve all already talked about how much of a problem it can be along with all of the ideas we can imagine. But at the end of the day there’s just no possible way to even improve or change it without making things unfair.

And while I do understand that it’s supposed to be slightly easier for developers mainly, and that when it comes to giving them access it’s effective on that front. Even then I’m still unsure how much damage could be caused by choosing the queue over nominations

If we get rid of the queue, it’s just going to flood the forums more with people begging for a key and cause drama.
If we keep the queue, some developers/experienced users won’t be able to get in without any hopes of nominations. And cause drama.

There’s just no winning here…

2 Likes

And yet, a queue that automatically distributes access to the person with the best workshop every set period of time sounds like the best, fairest possible way to automate the process.

The only people who are complaining are those that wouldn’t have been able to get S&box either way, the developers that didn’t even know about it before the queue, and the people that did know, but can’t develop anything to save their life.

All those in between happily got in thanks to knowing how to get a key before, or having a good workshop history, do mind that the ones who deleted their addons or privated them are the absolute minority, wouldn’t be surprised if it was less than 0.01%.

That’s pretty true actually, I guess I’m still a bit iffy about the queue considering it’s practically the centerpoint of drama really. It’s one thing for someone who’s inexperienced to not get a key for very obvious reasons, but it’s another for that same person to start a crap storm that ultimately makes things more toxic and divided between each other.

I know that the Garry’s Mod/S&Box, or basically more than half of the internet, can already be a rough and unforgiving place at times and yet there’s still so many great communities doing wonderful things. But it’s as I said in another post about how I don’t want things to get even more unstable, all because Garry and his team made a system to make things more accessible to developers for their next big and possibly groundbreaking game.

I think I might need a good break from the forums… or at least from talking about more complicated social topics or issues on it. At the end of the day all we hope for is to just have fun on S&Box and make the best gamemodes for everyone to enjoy so I’ll just leave it here. I’m sorry if I caused a few complications or unwanted drama as well because of what we all usually talk about.

yes this is good because it means I might be able to get access add this or sad

But it’s as I said in another post about how I don’t want things to get even more unstable, all because Garry and his team made a system to make things more accessible to developers for their next big and possibly groundbreaking game.

This is a broken and unstable developer preview dude, it’s not a full release, or alpha, or beta, or even Steam’s definition of proper “early access”. Noone seems to actually realize this and are just making it a bigger issue than it actually is.
This shouldn’t need to be explained again and again and again, but people can’t seem to get it into their thick heads.

I think I might need a good break from the forums

If you’re getting this worked up over something like this, then that’s probably what you should do.

1 Like

100% agree, In hindsight the que was probably a bad idea because of quality control, Hand picking candidates would have been slower but again, quality control is the payoff.

People should just give up on the que by now, getting s&box is not going to make games explode out your ass. So much dev to be done for the game outside the game.

but yeah since we are in the storm there is no winning lol

2 Likes

why don’t people just accept the way the queue system is???

the queue won’t change, just be patient

2 Likes

becouse this queue is shit

it’s not shit, it is what it is, suck it up and deal with it

2 Likes