A suggestion for the key queue

This might have been suggested already, but i got an idea to filter out some people from the s&box queue, my idea is…

A quiz or some sort of test(to check that the user has atleast basic C# knowledge etc)

Using this, you could position the user with a number of questions(eg what does private static abstract class Hi do?) and thus filter out people that know nothing(unless they are good enough at stack overflow research)

Idk what else to say, so i am just going to end this post here

3 Likes

Modeller and Mapper-cels btfo

2 Likes

It’s a nice idea but yeah it does seem easily exploited/skippable, maybe more complicated questions such as to do with using their tools (Like with Hammer) or premade #C scripts that you have to figure out what it does? A very easy example that I can think of would be…

What does this line of code do?

public class Main()
{
    string msg = "butt";
    Console.WriteLine($"Man that guy kicked my {msg} last night...");
}

I’m still learning C# so this is the best I can come up with at the top of my head as an example, but if anyone else more experienced might have some better more complicated suggestions then feel free to reply or something. : V

Agreed, with oop questions too.

1 Like

Yeah, and of course we could probably have some modelling questions and such too.

I just don’t really see the point though, it’s not like the people without any development experience are affecting the queue that much

2 Likes

I see where you’re coming from there but the problem is not everyone is not going to be disruptive or otherwise mingey too, I know that sounds pretty crappy of me to say but greifing is a major problem if it’s at the cost of other peoples enjoyment. I surely hope that there’s still so many respectable and kind people despite these things though. : P

Right now there’s no “griefing” per se, it’s all developers testing gamemodes, you can’t really play a gamemode to the extent that someone can ruin your day by trying to troll you.

That only happens with a playing playerbase, if people are playing a gamemode currently it’s just to test it or have a little fun, knowing everything could go wrong at any moment.

1 Like

I don’t know, I mean I agree with what you said and I’m aware that it’s VERY early with its population. However I just can’t shake that once after it does have a solid playerbase (Whether before release or after), that things will start to get more toxic and this game along with its image will be ruined by pure toxicity. And sure there are still great games despite a good chunk of the community being toxic, but even then I don’t want what Garry, facepunch, along with all the other devs in the game to be all for nothing because S&Box because S&Box is a “Toxic community”. Though maybe I’m just worrying a little too much though. : /

Also very sorry if we derailed the topic a bit too much @khhs, though I suppose this is also sort of related to the queue in some way and how people feel about how the system could improve.

Unless you’re me with 1 workshop score… Wich made me wonder, “can 9 months be lowered?”

1 Like

returns an error…
The code errors…

Probably because I only typed a fraction of the code without the namespace and the “using System” and that, it’s only an example anyway. Are you learning C# too?

Learning and learning, lets say i am using C# mainly… Inside and outside unity…

Edit: Adding in that the error comes from the fact that a class cant have brackets, and that functions can only be called inside functions…

Edit 2: Fixed code is:

using System;

public static class Program{ // Called program by default in .net
    public static void Main(string[] args){ //Dont forget the args param!
       string msg = "butt";
       Console.WriteLine($"Man that guy kicked my {msg} last night...");
   }
}
1 Like

That’s nice. Hope it continues going well, and that you make some good stuff too!

1 Like