A way to change the view model back to the way it looked before?

Well I was looking at some videos of Gmod, a few years ago (before I knew what a Gmod was), and I noticed the physics gun was held back farther away from the screen. (example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zWO98ognNc ) There a way to do this on today’s build of Garry’s Mod? I actually kind of like it looking that way, I know it’s an OCD thing to worry about and I’m afraid to get some crap from people, but still, just wondering. :)(PS: I can live if there’s no way to do this. ;P)

You might wanna look into the FOV (Field of View) setting.

That doesn’t do anything for view models. >.<

there’s viewmodel_fov or something

I got it, it’s viewmodel_fov 60 Doesn’t save between servers so add it to the autoexec.cfg if you want to keep it that way. :slight_smile:

Looks like Garry’s Mod sees this command as a cheat (needs sv_cheats 1 on). -_- Could Garry possibly fix this?

FACEPUNCH
Y U THINK MY ABOVE POST IS DUMB!?

Probably because you use emoticons such as :slight_smile: and :stuck_out_tongue: etc…

And maybe Because its not really important…

I don’t get this… Why can’t us old-fashioned folk have the freedom to use text-based emoticons? It never bothered anyone except Facepunch. >_>
Oh, excuse me, Fuhrer Facepunch, I meant to write :rolleyes:.

Facepunch enjoys keeping proper posting etiquette and not coming off as as full with the emoticons because noone here likes them. theres a set of emoticons on Facepunch ready for you to use instead anyways

But I type so fast I really don’t like having to move my mouse over to click an emoticon, it slows me down, it’s inefficient, and if you know every single smilie code on here you need a life.

So don’t use smilies at all then?

Then how else will I express my emotion? :smiley:

Using text.

Facepunch is or atleast tries to be a serious forum. If you do not look at GD or Fast Threads, everybody is serious etc.

Use built in emoticons, and do not overuse them. Like in every sentence :v: :v: :v: like that.

If your reply is serious, you will be rated agree/disgree or so. If your reply is dumb, has a stupid idea or something like that, you will get a box. So on for everything else.
If they think it is really funny, ofcourse you will get rated a funny rating.

On most other sites, posting etiquette entails having proper grammar, spelling, being polite and respectful, and respecting the opinions of others, maybe politely disagreeing with them. Not using excessive CAPS, exclamation marks… too much or too little punctuation, too many huge pictures.

Facepunch must be from a different Internets. And I must be like an immigrant that talks in a strange accent. :V
edit: Who tries to sell people Biltong and they don’t know what the hell it is.