AA will NOT work, even after re-installing and installing drivers.

Topic. AA doesn’t work at all, after entering the commands into the console, or enabling in the options. In case it may help, my specs are:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 @ 2.6 GHz
4GB of DDR2 RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium

BTW, this only happens in GMOD. All other Source games are fine.

do you have HDR on? I don’t think AA and HDR play nice with Gmod. But I could be wrong :ohdear:

No, infact, I disabled it. But yeah, I know most games don’t like AA and HDR.

Did you try reinstalling gmod? Not just, Local Content files but delete the whole Garrysmod folder, and then start downloading it again.

Yes, it still doesn’t work.

OK, I’ve found a semi-fix. When I launch the game, I have to turn on HDR and THEN turn on AA. It has around a 50 percent chance of working. When it doesn’t work, the game just shows that frame, but I can hear menu sounds. Any help?

Is your graphics driver up to date?

Open regedit (windows registry editor)
Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Valve > Source
Delete either the garrysmod folder or its’ settings subfolder, it doesn’t matter which.
Launch GMod, you’ll find all of your graphics settings have reset. Set them up again, launch game, post results.

If this doesn’t work, all I can suggest is that you uninstall your drivers, get Driver Sweeper from guru3D, launch windows in safe mode, remove remnants in DS, restart and install new drivers.

Also, I’ve never known source to not play well runnings HDR and AA at the same time. I do it on a regular basis.

OK, I deleted the regkey and when I clicked to use AA, it crashed. All other games work fine with AA, so I don’t see the problem.

I re-installed drivers, no luck. Guess i’ll have to remember to turn on HDR and then AA first. :smith:

The thing is, I can only USE AA with HDR on, so that’s why it’s weird.

Bump, just in-case.