About Recording...

As this is my second question about cameras, you’ve probably figured out that I’m trying to make a movie now. :l

I was just wondering if it was possible to record video through a camera even when you’re not toggled to it’s view. Basically what I’m trying to ask is if you’re able to record a demo through a camera’s point of view, even when you’re not looking through it in game. (I.E. you’re still in first person, but the demo is from the camera’s point of view.)

Sorry about all of these stupid questions, they might stop soon. :stuck_out_tongue:

You can’t do that with a demo, as far as I know.
(Well, you can try pressing the key when playing the demo, but it will most likely not work?)

Well, it doesn’t have to be a demo. Is there any way to record it using third-party software? If not, thanks for the reply anyway.

Well, if you have a second computer with a second account of Garry’s Mod… and… and… and… then, yep that works.

Other than that, you could use a RT Camera and place the RT-Screen somewhere on your screen and only record that area. (Won’t be fullsize then, of course) and still walk around and see a tiny bit.

I doubt there is another way. Trough a addon won’t work.

There is third party software like FRAPS and Gamecam but they cost to remove the timestamp and time limit.

Did you actually read the OP? He’s not asking how to record but how to record a camera while seeing the normal gameplay.

OP is irrelevant. He asked about third party recording software.

is there any way to record it using third party software.
IT reffers to the OP.

Well, I already have some recording software. Hypercam 3 is good enough for me right now. This is getting a bit off topic though. Thanks Ideal-hosting for coming up with some sort of solution. You may now rage on how Hypercam 3 sucks, someone.

EDIT: I just realized this whole problem would be irrelevant if I had someone to record with…

But that wasn’t an advertisement, so don’t ask. :B