About the skybox ??

It is possbiel to make in hammer the skybox to change the texture every 20 minute .
Example-If now its day on the map over 20 min it will be night .

PS:SRY IF IT THE WRONG SECTION AND FOR MY BAD ENGLISH AND IF I DON’T EXPLAIN VERY GOOD.

It would probably be done in LUA.

A very slow animated texture maybe.

How would the lighting change though?

You can probably do it by not using the classic 2D skybox system but by having a huge “dome” model in the 3D skybox that has several skins — then fade between them.

That’s how I would see it done personally

Once again, lighting…

I remember a while back some guy in the LUA section managed to do it…was really nice actually.

If this is about lua , can you give me community who know how to make this in PM or here.

With lighting, you can give your light_environment a name. You can then change it to a different brightness from ‘a’ (off basically) to ‘z’ (full brightness). This is how I’ve done it in one of my maps.

Go here:

http://www.facepunch.com/forums/65-LUA-Scripting

and then the shadows will not match the light :colbert:

Depends on if you want to use 24 different skyboxes and 24 different light_environments.

Or 86400 different light_environments if you want it to change per second :smug:

hey like in perp_sierracity , how he make there !

whoa wow 86400!

i think basic morning, noon, evening, night and repeat

I feel the urge to do this…

I think I heard something about using colour correction to do this. No idea how it would be done though.

Vrad only compiles 1 light_environment.

thank god.

Yeah I was thinking about colour correction, instead of light_environments.

That would also effect inside, you would need stencils and LUA to do this properly.

(because suddenly its late all lights dim in unison?)

meh can be done with the O/I system and light_environments that don’t cover the map.