Access is Denied

When I was creating a new gamemode for testing a new concept I had, I copied the base folder so I would have less work to do for testing my ideas. Well, apparently that has something to do with this problem.

I was removing all of the entities out of the mygamemode/entities/entities/ folder, and all of the Lua files deleted fine. However, the “base_ai”, “base_entity”, and “base_nextbot” folders won’t allow me to delete them because “Access is Denied”.

I tried to open the folder, and I can’t open it because “Access is Denied”.

I’m running Windows 10, I am the admin and owner of the computer (I’m 26, and a programming student, so I’m not like a child who’s trying to delete his brothers files).

Any assistance is appreciated, as I could not find a similar issue with a google search. It’s not a big deal, but it’s a bit of a hindrance having permanent folders on my computer that I can’t get rid of.

I don’t know if this is your issue but by any chance do you have garrysmod open at the same time while trying to delete them?

No, I haven’t tried fully closing steam yet either. I’m starting to think it’s my computer. I did a Windows Update last night and it seems that any files prior to the update are now locked and inaccessible, including my gamemode files and any addons that all existed prior to the update.

[Edit]
Closing all programs, steam, etc didn’t affect anything. I’m 100% certain now that it was any file existing prior to the update, which means this is no longer a Garry’s Mod problem.
Thanks though.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3841-take-ownership-add-context-menu-windows-10-a.html

Make sure you have admin privileges

you don’t need to copy the base folder, in your gamemode.txt file you can set the base gamemode as base.
This automatically includes everything in the base gamemode for you.

Your gamemode is derived from base in all cases.