Adding EyeRefract Shader to an Existing Model [SFM]

So I hope somebody can give me guidance on what problem I’m facing.

So I have two similar .dmx models that were created for SFM and have proper eyeposing. However, one of them uses a simple $basetexture and $iris for the eyes:

2B_Eye_L.vmt file:

"eyes"
{
	//$basetexture "JawSFM/Nier Automata/2B/2B_Iris"

$basetexture "JawSFM/Nier Automata/2B/2B_white"
	$iris "JawSFM/Nier Automata/2B/2B_Iris"
}

And the other uses a EyeRefract shader that I like more:

eyeball_l.vmt file:

"EyeRefract"
{
	"$Iris"   "models/tfa/nier/yorha/android/eye_d"// Iris color in RGB with cornea noise in A
	"$AmbientOcclTexture" "engine/eye-extra"  // Ambient occlusion in RGB, A unused
	"$Envmap" "engine/eye-reflection-cubemap-"// Reflection environment map
	"$CorneaTexture"  "engine/eye-cornea" // Special texture that has 2D cornea normal in RG and other data in BA

"$EyeballRadius" "0.55"// Default 0.5
	"$AmbientOcclColor" "[0.4 0.33 0.3]"	// Default 0.33, 0.33, 0.33
	"$Dilation" ".85"					// Default 0.5
	"$ParallaxStrength" "0.3"          // Default 0.25
	"$CorneaBumpStrength" "0.75"   // Default 1.0

"$halflambert" "1"
	"$nodecal" "1"

// These effects are only available in ps.2.0b and later
	"$RaytraceSphere" "1" // Default 1 - Enables raytracing in the pixel shader to make the eyeball look round
	"$SphereTexkillCombo" "1"  // Default 1 - Enables killing pixels that don't ray-intersect the sphere
}

Because both already have working eyeposing, I tried copying the EyeRefract settings from one model to the other (while changing the $Iris path to an appropriate path like: JawSFM/Nier Automata/2B/eye_d, after copying eye_d.vtf’s file into the folder because I believe the QC files lists which folders/directories to search for materials).

However, when I did that, both eyes became shiny and black (I assume are the Iris) and smaller.

So I modified the settings to get them looking more similar, which was done by primarily increasing eyeballradius and parallax strength to pull the ‘whites’ of the eye back. However, although it now looks comparable, eyeposing has broken for some reason. Regardless of where I move the viewTarget the Iris is stuck facing the camera/work camera that is facing it. Furthermore, the eye lost the ‘gleam’ of the original eye where you could see light reflected inside of the eye. So I’m certain that something else is wrong as well.

Updated .vmt file for 2B_Eye_L and 2B_Eye_R:

"EyeRefract"
{
	"$Iris"   "JawSFM/Nier Automata/2B/eye_d"// Iris color in RGB with cornea noise in A
	"$AmbientOcclTexture" "engine/eye-extra"  // Ambient occlusion in RGB, A unused
	"$Envmap" "engine/eye-reflection-cubemap-"// Reflection environment map
	"$CorneaTexture"  "engine/eye-cornea" // Special texture that has 2D cornea normal in RG and other data in BA

"$EyeballRadius" "0.9"// Default 0.5
	"$AmbientOcclColor" "[0.4 0.33 0.3]"	// Default 0.33, 0.33, 0.33
	"$Dilation" ".55"					// Default 0.5
	"$ParallaxStrength" "1."          // Default 0.25
	"$CorneaBumpStrength" "0.75"   // Default 1.0

"$halflambert" "1"
	"$nodecal" "1"

// These effects are only available in ps.2.0b and later
	"$RaytraceSphere" "1" // Default 1 - Enables raytracing in the pixel shader to make the eyeball look round
	"$SphereTexkillCombo" "1"  // Default 1 - Enables killing pixels that don't ray-intersect the sphere
}

One thing of note is that in the original EyeRefract model, the eyes are small hemispheres, while the model I’m trying to change has spheres as the eyeballs.

Above: Hemispheres from the working EyesRefract model

Above: The Original Eye Model I’m trying to Change(the Iris is copied into the back of the sphere, but moves with viewTarget accordingly)

My Modififed Model’s Eyes which creepily stares into the Work Camera.

So if anyone has suggestions, I’d greatly appreciate any help or directions on how I can fix it. I’m using JawSFM’s 2B model (normal cheap eyes), and TFA’s 2B model (eyeRefract), which are available in Steam’s Workshop, though I can upload any file/script if requested.

Here are the links, because if I’m asking for help, I want to make it easier to find things:

JawSFM

TFA