Adding Playermodels to custom jobs

Hey,

Could anyone link me to a tutorial or some instructions on how to add player models(not the default player models. Like the player models like Kane and Lynch) to a custom job.

I assume you are using DarkRP, so here’s what a job with a custom model looks like on my server -

[lua]
TEAM_BLACKMARKET = DarkRP.createJob(“Black Market Dealer”, {
color = Color(127, 95, 0, 255),
model = “models/player/smith.mdl”,
description = [[Sell the Weapons that need to be sold under the table! watch for the cops]],
weapons = {},
command = “blackmarket”,
max = 2,
salary = 100,
admin = 0,
vote = false
})
[/lua]

Just edit the model = “models/player/smith.mdl” part, to whatever your path your .mdl is in at and you should be set!

What i mean is like using a custom player model such as http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=169011381 and putting it into the job code.

Do you already have the model on your server? or, are you wondering how to extract it so you can put it on your server as well as put it in the job code.

i was wondering how to extract and put in on and on the job code aswell

Oh, I figured you already had the model on your server, Ok.

So do this -

1. Click “Subscribe” on the addon you want thats on the workshop, then load into garry’s mod.

2. It will download, after it downloads go into your Garry’s mod Folder (steam/steamapps/common/garrysmod/garrysmod/addons) and find the addon you downloaded (use most recent modified file tab above) then drag it to your desktop.

3. Download this http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1173875

4. Click Extract Single File and find the .gma on your desktop

5. A Folder should appear on your desktop, place the folder in your servers ‘addons’ folder

6. Do this -
    [lua]
    TEAM_BLACKMARKET = DarkRP.createJob(“Black Market Dealer”, {
    color = Color(127, 95, 0, 255),
    model = “models/player/smith.mdl”,
    description = [[Sell the Weapons that need to be sold under the table! watch for the cops]],
    weapons = {},
    command = “blackmarket”,
    max = 2,
    salary = 100,
    admin = 0,
    vote = false
    })
    [/lua]
    Just edit the model = “models/player/smith.mdl” part, to whatever your path your .mdl is in at and you should be set!

7. Restart Your Server, and it should work!

Do i add the folder using Filezilla or what way?

If you’re using FileZilla to host your server directory then yes upload it there.

It doesn’t matter what host you use, FileZilla is an FTP client, it can connect to any FTP server, and so can any other FTP client.