adding RT screens to hammer?

hello!

this thread is basically exactly what it says on the tin. i would like to know if its possible to put a permanent RT screen into your map so when the player puts an RT camera the screen will show what the camera is showing, jsut like a normal RT screen.

Texture the brush with the pp\rt texture.

You probably wont see it in the list, but you can make a brush with a normal texture then press replace then type in pp\rt for the other one. It will show up as missing texture in hammer, but it should work in game.

another problme! iv aded my rt screen into my map and it wokrs great! the only problem is is that it wont show my player model, it shows everyhting else jsut not me! evne the regualr rt screen wont show me, i dotn ahve a sky box, ocould that be a problem?

Spell right.

Last I checked you could never see yourself with it.

Yup. RT cameras do not show the player entity. Only other player entities. It’s like looking through your normal viewport. Just repositioned.

another problem!

everything youv told me to do so far has been correct so i thank you, but! here is the problem. when i use the rt screen i have got a command that means it can go up and down through the roof so that it can be hidden if the player wants it to be, but when it goes in through the roof you can still see the rt screen through the roof, its exactly like your looking through the roof at it, how can this be fixed?

What?

Please, just PLEASE, check your spelling, I cant understand a word about it.

Can be fixed with some simple lua coding though.

Another problem!

Everything you’ve told me to do so far has been correct so I thank you, but! Here is the problem. when I use the RT screen I’ve got a command that means the screen can go up and down through the roof so that it can be hidden if the player wants it to be, but when it goes in through the roof you can still see the RT screen through the roof, its exactly like your looking through the roof at it, how can this be fixed?

Do you mean that you can see through the roof as if its not there? And the only thing visible is the rt screen?

no, i look up at the roof and the screen is just there as if its on the roof, my map has recently been damaged so im re-making it, ill upload a picture if it persists

Also if you play in Garry’s Mod and have the RT Camera tool enabled for everyone they can change the screen’s main view to their own.