Adding textures to EP2?

how do i do that?

Guys guys! I know a place were I can find anything with one simple search! It’s called Google <<

It’s that great?

whats the point of replying?

Create a folder inside of the ep2 folder named materials, put your files there.

It’s kind of assumed that if you post a question in this forum, you want someone to answer it.

Do you want to add textures for a map you want to make? Or replace existing ones?
If you want to make textures for your map, just make a folder with your map’s name in the \materials folder in the EP2 directory. I’m assuming you have already created your custom VTF and VMT files. Close all SDK tools (don’t need to close the SDK Launcher though) and place your textures into your newly-created mapname material folder. Make sure the SDK is set to the Orange Box engine, and to Half-Life 2: Episode Two, then open Hammer or your desired tool and voila. Just search your mapname within the texture browser to find your custom textures.

If you haven’t already created your own materials, here’s a good tutorial on how to do it.

because you never ever try to find something yourself, you always go running to Facepunch and make a new thread devoted to some retarded question that could easily be answered on www.interlopers.net

you still took time to reply. wouldn’t it be better for you if you just dont answer?

I don’t sit around waiting for your questions
Here’s a tutorial, you big baby.

your waisting your own time. this was answered along time ago.

No one can google answers if its not answered yet, so answer first!

Problem there is that it gets answered about 3 times a week on Facepunch alone…

Or just use common sense. If materials for gmod go in the materials directory, it shouldn’t be difficult to work out that materials for use in hammer with the ep2 engine go in the ep2-materials directory.