Adding the rotate button for everything except the stairs.

The new update really made me annoyed because I couldn’t rotate my walls anymore after 10 minutes. But I can’t tell for shit which side the straw wall is facing. So in the end I had tons of weak spots.
Just disable it for the stairs. They’re the one you guys (Developers) found annoying because of the vaults and unfair advantages. Which I agree with.
But rotating a wall or door isn’t going to do any harm.

Sounds reasonable.

No it doesn’t it’s a stupid solution that has already been debunked. If you allow walls to be rotated then raiders can take over your cupboard to raid you on a budget. Garry didn’t want that which is why they took it out. The solution to this problem is to wait for Garry and the gang to update the different tiers to reflect the inner/outer sides more obviously. Until they do that you as a player need to adjust your building strategy so that you can upgrade that twig wall before the 10 minutes is up to see which side it’s facing. It really isn’t difficult.

not so simple…
when building big structures, you dont upgrade til everything is in place becouse it takes time to acomodate all walls in the right place… by the time you finish and yuo are hapy with the result of your twig fortress, proceed to upgrade, just to find out a whole wall end up facing the wrong direction…
and there is no indication of this on twig… so yeah…

they have to either add a diferent texture for inner twig like NOW… or just remove this limitation til they do…

I see poor dev planing… another time…

Look at this guy who completely missed the devblog where garry said he wants people to stop thinking in terms of single buildings and more of compounds.

Discouraging megabuilds or making them less easy to do is straight in line with this and isn’t poor planning at all. You’re the one who’s refusing to adapt.

so you saying that we have to build from foundations, doors, and stairs… all from twig and upgrade it… ALL in less than 10 min…
yeah… that’s just poor planing my friend…

a compound is constituted of all houses that get built in way more than 10 min… becouse you need planing, testing, maybe rebuilding due to the stupid stability problem…
and god forbid someone atacks you with a rock while doing it…

if the position of walls was even consistent… like. ok, i put it allways with the inside facing me… but NO, the game just decided wich side goes where by itself…

How is that hard? You don’t have to build and upgrade the entire 8x8 in one go man, you start with one room and expand 1-2 rooms at a time, or as much as your resources allow. If you can’t do that one simple thing, you might need to play another game.

Stop sucking Garry’s dick, he’s not a god.
Gary has no interest in making the game difficult to play in ways which he doesn’t personally endorse, in fact he specifically said he wanted emergent gameplay.
Meaning everything from hermits to mega multi-clan alliances.

it’s honestly not that hard to check that panels are facing the right way within the first 10 minutes after placing them. expecting the devs to reimplement a power that can be exploited just because you can’t be assed checking the direction of the twig wall before you upgrade it to armoured is just idiocy. if it’s not the right way, hit the twig wall twice to break it and rebuild for a whole 50 wood.

the only thing in this that i can agree with is that the different building blocks need more contrasting inside and outside textures so it’s damn obvious that you have it the wrong way.