Addon - Disable Error Popups

The errors that sometimes appear to the mid-left of the screen annoy me, I understand they are there for a reason but I for one find them to be useless. I found a mod that supposedly disables the Error Box but it did not work for me. (judging by the comments, it failed for many others too)

Now, I don’t know if the mod simply didn’t work from the start of if maybe a patch for Gmod broke it, but I’m curious as to whether someone could make a functioning mod similar to this. I would find it very usefull, as I don’t use the errors for anything and they distract me when playing.

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=859872

Ah, thank you very much. But there is a problem, I see your post in the topic explaining where to put the files, but the folder has no Lua files in it. it simply contains the following three files.

cdetour.h
gm_luaerror.cpp
gm_luaerror.dll

I put the dll file in the correct folder path, as you said. But I don’t see a Lua file, unless .cpp’s or .h’s are also a form of Lua?

Take the lua code from the OP of the thread and put it in lua/autorun/client

I’m afraid I just do not understand. I took a guess and thought I’m supposed to make a Lua file with that script in it? Well I did and it still did not work.

Did you set the lua_showerrors convar to zero?

Like this?


# require("luaerror")  
#   
# CreateConVar("lua_showerrors", 0)  
#   
# hook.Add("LuaError", "LE", function(err) --Return anything other than nil to stop the standard error display  
#     if (GetConVar("lua_showerrors"):GetInt() == 0) then  
#         return false  
#     elseif (GetConVar("lua_showerrors"):GetInt() == 0) then  
#         Msg(err)  
#           
#         return false  
#     end  
# end ) 

I first tried the script with how the OP in the topic wrote it, but it didn’t work. So I put everything at zero, still did not work. I know next to nothing of Lua scripting, so forgive me if it’s something obvious.

Well, first of all where did you put it?
Secondly, you don’t need a hash mark (#) in front of each line.

garrysmod > lua > autorun > client

That’s what Salty said to do.


require("luaerror")  
  
CreateConVar("lua_showerrors", 0)  
  
hook.Add("LuaError", "LE", function(err) --Return anything other than nil to stop the standard error display  
    if (GetConVar("lua_showerrors"):GetInt() == 0) then  
        return false  
    elseif (GetConVar("lua_showerrors"):GetInt() == 1) then  
        Msg(err)  
          
        return false  
    end  
end )

Save that in lua/autorun/client as a .lua file.

It worked, thanks!

Your problem was that you didn’t click ‘view plain’ for the code and copied the hash marks as well. Just a tip for next time :slight_smile:

view plain is broken

It isn’t for me, that’s weird

Get rid of the Facepunch grea$emonkey script.