Addon Trouble

I recently bought Gmod for mac and I’ve been using it with Crossover without any problems. It’s awesome, but I can’t figure out how to make any addons appear.

Particularly, I wanted to use the hatless mod for TF2 characters, and it seems that I have to place the items in the addons folder, but this doesn’t seem to do anything. Maps, also, aren’t appearing.

Is there anything different I need to do with a Mac?

Thanks in advance!

What hatless mod? and i didn’t even know Gmod was on macs.

Hatless addon found here: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=765825

is a model pack, try to add it on the models folder

I don’t seem to have that folder… Should I create it?

Yes.

Okay, I made a models folder and put it in there, and still nothing. The spawn list is on the menu, but the icons are replaced by a giant red “ERROR”.

EDIT: Well, I can spawn models, but they’re covered in that awful purple checkerboard. Any idea how I can fix this?

Did you extract the materials?

Yup! And now I’ve gotten to the point where I can spawn some of them, but they do this odd thing where they sort of get all transparent when I’m up close. From far away they’re fine.

Well, damn…
I’ve never had that problem, nor do I know how to fix it.

Haha, it’s alright, thanks for your help anyway. Maybe with some tweaking I can figure out what’s going on…

Might just be the fact that it’s using Crossover.

Could be wrong though

I can spawn the models, and they appear to be normal until I move closer to them, at which point everything except their heads disappear.
Has anyone else had this problem?