GMOD works Perfectly when joining servers with no addons. But if I subscribe to ANY addons then I cannot join any servers. They load all downloads successfully and when “Sending Client Info” the game returns to dekstop and is now called “Engine Error” in task manager. If I disable all addons the game returns to normal.
So far I have tried:
-Setting launch option “-console”
-Seting launch option “+mat_dxlevel 95”
-Reinstalling, 3 times so far >_<
-Veryfying cache, which always seems to fine that a ~400kb file needs recovering, not sure if this is related
-Deleting Downloads Folders
-Deleting Addons Folder
-System Restore to a point when it worked fine a few days ago
-Disabling Firewall & Letting GMOD through Firewall (Using Windows Security)
-Running in compatability mode for Win 7 and as Admin.
Not sure if this is even everything! Ive been Googling my head off for days!
I have exhausted any and all fixes I can find multiple times.
Also, when the error first started it would complete “Sending Client Info” it would load into the game with a black screen and I could only click and hear sounds from other players in game. And I have to hold my power button as my mouse and keyboard no longer work in this state.
GMOD is installed on a secondary drive. My main drive is an SSD. When the crash occurs, no dump files are created.
OS: Windows 10
GFX: GTX 660ti
MOBO: Asus P8-Z77-V
RAM: Corsair XMS 2x4GB