Admin Mod Problems (aowl)

I understand that aowl is private to Metastruct only and that I’m one of the very few server owners using it and not many people know how to fix it. But it’s only certain parts of it not working.

1. Commands aren’t working for non-admin ranks.
  2. I was trying to add non-admin ranks to IsAdmin() and IsSuperAdmin() but it doesn’t want to work.
    Code:
    [lua]
    function META:IsAdmin()
    if self:ShouldHideAdmins() then
    return false
    end
    return self:CheckUserGroupLevel(“developers”) or self:CheckUserGroupLevel(“admins”) or self:CheckUserGroupLevel(“superadmins”)
    end

function META:IsSuperAdmin()
if self:ShouldHideAdmins() then
return false
end
return self:CheckUserGroupLevel(“developers”) or self:CheckUserGroupLevel(“superadmins”)
end
[/lua]

I don’t really expect an answer for 1 from non-Meta devs, so it’s mainly just an answer for 2.

Shouldn’t you ask other Metastruct devs about this? Also, why are you overriding default functions?

I’m not the one overwriting default functions, I was just adding on to the overwritten ones.

How are you adding on if you are creating a whole new function?

Because it doesn’t work that way, read better, dummie.

If you plan to use/edit aowl you should be proficient in Lua,
as that will make you realize you are most probably passing wrong arguments to aowl.AddCommand (that, or you are setting up the ranks in a wrong way).
On another note, if you plan to get help you should provide more information than “here’s the IsAdmin(), why doesn’t it work?”.

An outdated public version of aowl can be found here, with this being the part you might want to understand first before editing anything in that regard.

I re-looked over my code that I changed and noticed I forgot something in the ranks and then I was looking at other code and found a command with a table and decided to see if that would work for what I wanted to do with IsAdmin().