Admin Weapon Restriction on local server

We are usually playing on my friends local server.He has static IP,so he just create multiplayer game and we play.We loaded some addons,but they are admin restricted.How to set off admin weapon restriction,so we can both use all weapons?

The simple way would be for your friend to make you admin.

How can he do this in local server?

Go to the folders of the weapons (probably C:\program files\steam\steamapps\ his/your steamname \garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\ addon name \lua\weapons) Then open the weapon folders and search for a “shared.lua” file. Open it with any text-editor. Then search for a spot that says “adminspawnable”. Above it should be another line being the spawnability of the weapon for normal people. Delete the “false” and put in “true”. Save and go play.

You’d have to do that for every single weapon. Pain in the ass.

[editline]09:01PM[/editline]

Steam\SteamApps\username\garrysmod\garrysmod\settings\users.txt

How to correctly edit this:

“Users”
{
//
// This is your users file
//
// You can use this file to add people as admins on your server
// Add them to the relevant section
//
// If you’re a Lua coder you can add your own sections and use them
// in your script by doing pl:IsUserGroup( “admin” ) etc
//

"superadmin"
{
	//"garry"			"STEAM_0:1:7099"
}

"admin"
{
	//"garry"			"STEAM_0:1:7099"
}

}

So I will be able to use all admin weapons,right?

What’s keeping you from trying yourself? Unless failing means destroying your entire computer (which it doesn’t in this case) you can always just try it yourself. You learn more that way.

If you can’t get it working after the third try, ask again and I’ll help you.

(I’m saying this because adding people to that txt file is so ridiciuosly easy, you’re making yourself seem dumb for not getting it.)

I am asking because in css mani admin plugin were a lot of different groups of access for admin in clients.txt,called flags.And I don’t know I must write just STEAM ID and nothing else,or like in example

“admin”

“xxx” “STEAM_0:0_XXXX”

and what about group,example shows script for lua coders - pl:IsUserGroup( “admin” ),but all the same,the group used below,so really I don’t know how to correctly do it,and I don’t want to try,though the result comes with attempts,and I know it.

Are you a lua coder?

And yes, you are correct. All you do is enter the username and steamID.