Adv dupe!??

Well, anyone wanna help a newb out :smiley:

Im quite new 2 gmod tbh and i love it so much! :D, so once i went online saw Adv dupe, and cud spawn loads of things! then i decided to step into the world of addons lol. then i went straight online and duped sum stuff and got to work it out, then i lost connection and went singleplayer…

“Cool lets spawn some really cool stuff!” holds Q, “hmm, adv dupe isont there, must be on Dupe (not adv…)
ahh man!” it wasent there, then i went straight to look, and it said to try in Garrysmod/garrysmod/advdupe/.
and i tried in both, nothing happend… so really my question is

How do i get Adv dupe, and where do i put files, and all that!
Thanks for ur time :smiley:
sorry i rushed this, i just wanna spawn so many cooooooool stuff :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:frog:

You’re doing it wrong.

well how do i do it then O.o,

Like… thanks for the help… (not)

1. You need to download wiremod using an SVN client.
  2. you need to put the files in garrysmod/garrysmod/data/adv duplicator

here follow this tutorial of mine

SVN Tutorial: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=688324

thanks guys, im trying 2 work it now :smiley:

Yo thanks man, its working… but i got a last question… i put Adv dupe into addons like ur tutorial said… but where do i put props i downloaded from garrysmod.org?

Yet again
Thanks!

You never brought up Exporting. Just saying.

When you dupe something on a server, always go to “Open server upload/download menu”. Select your file or what ever you want to put on your copy of Gmod and hit download. Same thing for sending stuff back except hit upload.

I think I have a ghost here.

Cool thanks, but where do i put files i downloaded from the garrys mod website… like lets say… Slides or, rollercoasters, or big houses, or stuff like that. for exe

C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Username\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\adv Duplicator…
then? all i want to kno is just where to put files i download
Thanks!

Btw i did exactly wat wotojosh said in his utube video, just watch it 2 see what i did if u need

Thanks again!!
Sorry for being a newb :smiley:

Hmm…usually you can just put the folder in garrysmod/addons. If you open the file you downloaded and see “models”, “materials” etc, then put it in the main garrysmod folder.

Make sure you have the adv. dup. stool, if you don’t im sure if you have addons then you know about garrysmod.org. Search for it there and there ya go. ^.^
Although it looks like you worked that out…lol