Advanced ballsocket confusing you?

This spray I made should help.

Place on ground, the spray will tell you what each axis will do. Pretty simple. The pitch/yaw/roll is relative to a prop. Remember that if you make these kinds of advanced ballsockets, you must paste your dupe in the direction you made the adv sockets in, or it won’t work.

or get depth hud hur hur hur it has a compass

http://www.garrysmod.org/img/?t=dll&id=45857

don’t rate me dumbe your dumbe

okay, with a compass can you align a dupe ghost with it like you can with the edge of a spray so you can continue working on it?

i just line it up with something on the map :frowning:

YEAH WELL NOT ALL MAPs HAVE THAT ABILITY SIR

tru

I HAVE MADE AN ERROR IN MY CALCULATIONS

ERROR INDEED. Terminate self.

<3 depth hud

Oh you messed it up there was a karbine, butler, karbine, butler thing going on

depth hu- wat.

COUNTDOWN INITIATEd

SELF DESTRUCT IMINENT

me too

It’d be so much easier if Adv. Dupe just had a “Paste at original angle” option… Don’t tell me no one has requested it?

It has one! lol this fails, theres a paste at origanal location

Which means you then have to find the contraption in any different map, and then figure out an offset that doesn’t end up with half of it stuck in the ground.

There is one, you can paste at original location. But it only works on the map you made it on. Well actually it works on any map, but chances are it will spawn in a floor or wall.

Get out.

I think it would be a great idea. So that ballsockets and whatever would not fail when you dupe it.

Damn that would be a nice option. No longer would I have to make sure the props where aligned to a straight line on the map before pasting.

yeah. that’s where large high contrast sprays like this come in handy, align a flat side of your contraption with the edge of the spray, and you’re in business.

naughty business