Aha! I finally figured out a doable personal model!

So, I’ve been asking for a personal model for a while, and I’ve probably been too optimistic in getting my usually impossible requests, so I thought I 'd request one personal model that could last me for a while.

So, it basically involves Taking this guy…

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp62/itak365/th_cs_office0006.jpg

And basically giving him the sleeves and head of this guy.
http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp62/itak365/th_cs_office0008.jpg

I wanted to create a Police-type look, so I thought this would do.

I know I’ve been posting a lot of requests, and I’ve been trying to get my hands on some modeling programs. But if someone could do this, I’d really appreciate it.

If you’re looking for a modeling program, 3DS Max has a trial version at http://www.brothersoft.com/3ds-max-download-66107.html. There are SMD import/export downloads for it too.

I know, I just downloaded it. I’m just wondering if anyone would be interested in doing this, since I have no idea how to model hack.

Oh. I’m not too sure how to hack models either.

Kthanks. I wasn’t sure if this was a complicated request or not, just wanted the sleeves and head grafted onto the PMC.

Not much easier than what you requested before.

Wait, I figured that this one would be easier, since it’s not an entirely new model and we have all of the stuff for it available. I mean, would combining the PMC with the rolled-up Sleeves citizen be a bad idea, like be impossible to pose or something? That was really all I wanted, just to hack his arms and head off, replace it with that citizen’s arms and head (and really just the part of his shirt that is visible).

My alternative was to simply graft a ballistics vest (I’m thinking Makarov’s) and a pistol holster onto the citizen, but I kept getting the impression that his waistline was too low for it on that model. I mean, is that any easier?

If you think this is all so easy, why don’t you try it? There are tutorials somewhere around here.

You’re right. Probably should do it myself…

[editline]08:22PM[/editline]

In any case, is there a non-ragdolled vest I could use to start with?

Alright, so I’mma try with Milkshape 3D. If all goes well, he’ll be the guy with the ballistics vest and a leg holster. First, however, I need to figure out what the hell I’m doing. Also, is there a model for the vest that isn’t ragdolled, so I can somehow graft it to his chest?

You could always load up the ragdolled model, nuke the rigging and any polygons that arn’t the vest, and then save it as a seperate object. Then just import it into your other person, nuke all the polygons that the vest will replace, and import the object you saved. If you’ve got import options, you can even just not import the “animation” and/or “skeleton” data, giving you just the geometry and textures to start from.

Note that you will need to go over all the polygons and reattach them to the new model to make it one solid object. Most modelers call this function Wield, Attach, or Connect, and it’s usually under the polygon tools.

I’ve never used Milkshape to do any modeling, so I can’t help you there. But it does have polygon and edge selection in it’s tools. I don’t know if it can connect two seperated polygon edges though, you might need to use Max or Softimage Mod Tool for the actual connecting.

Hope this helps.