AJ's Map Icon Pack V1.0

A small high-quality map icon pack for maps with missing/low-quality icons. There’s not alot of icons right now, but I’ll add more in future updates.

DOWNLOAD HERE ~ http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=69257

Here are the included icons:
de_haunts
gim_street
gm_abandonedhouse
gm_avalanchbeta
gm_bigcity
gm_buildblock
gm_construct_hidebound
gm_easyenginebuild_v1
gm_excess_construct
gm_flatgrass_nolag
gm_flatgrass_pit_v2
gm_flatgrass_revoulution
gm_flatgrass_winter
gm_giantdsi
Gm_Greenscreens
gm_megastruct_revolution
gm_mobenix_v3
gm_new_worlds
gm_nighthousev2
gm_ragdoll_slaughter_v2
gm_ragdoll_slaughter_v3
gm_sassbox_v4
gm_simplicity
gm_subcombat
Gm_Submarine
gm_superstruct
gm_superstruct_v2b
gm_towerofterror
gm_tropicalwaters
gm_ultrahill
gm_v6_slaughtertheragdolls
gm_xhizors
gm_zombiev2
gms_affection
hc_cratemaze
hc_mountain
induviae_novaprospect
induviae_trainstation
mr_test
rd_deadvilla
rd_zombocity_f2
RP_Rats
sb_twinsuns
zs_asylum_v1
zs_backstreet
zs_barrelfactory
zs_buntshot
zs_cabin_v2
zs_cargo
zs_cave_b3
zs_chillzoneinc_v2
zs_citadel_b4
zs_clav_massive
zs_clav_oblivion
zs_clav_pillar
zs_coasthouse
zs_compound_v2
zs_deadhouse_b4
zs_embassy
zs_forestofthedamned_v3
zs_greenpub_b1
zs_gu_longbridge3
zs_gu_theater_v2
zs_hell
zs_lincs
zs_singlehouse

As you can see, I have alot of ZS maps because in this version I was aiming for people who play ZS alot (like me) and the server downloads random ZS maps with no map icon. (actually, I stopped making icons at zs_gu_theater_v2, zs_hell through zs_singlehouse were experiments to see if the code actually worked.)

In the next revision I will try to add more icons for more popular maps (more than I already have), such as rp_evocity_v2d and rp_oviscity_gmc4.

COMMENTS? QUESTIONS? PLEASE LEAVE THEM BELOW TO TELL ME OF ANY ERRORS/IMPROVEMENTS.

Could you release the script so map makers can make easy mapicons?

making map icons is relatively easy as it goes and if more people bothered then we wouldnt need packs like this. It should be noted however that maps downloaded from servers won’t have their own images, simply because they don’t work if you pakrat them into the map files and so it would mean extra files to host etc. so most servers don’t bother.

There is a wiki article on it

Hey, here is the script if anyone needs it (sorry laptop man… I have been working on multiple things at a time and it’s hard to reply to anyone) The whole purpose of this is so you don’t have to script the icons, but if you want, here it is:

“UnlitGeneric”
{
“$basetexture” “maps/[map name here]”
“$ignorez” 1
“$vertexcolor” 1
“$vertexalpha” 1
}

Let me know if you don’t know what to do next.

You forgot $NoLOD

Haha.
that was in my early times of mapping, i though this was made by a script, like, you just take a picture and it generates the icon.
Haha.
I know how to make them now, and i think i did then too, just wanted an easier way