All Sprays are Invisible

No matter what server Im in, no sprays are visible to me.
Sprays are enabled in my multiplayer options, I am using a valid spray, the same one Im using works in TF2.
Other people can see my spray when I place it, but I can’t.

What can I do to fix this? I’d like to be able to see sprays in multiplayer.

The spray take about a day to be verified and work. So if you barely imported your first spray it will still come up as the last spray (the spray that you start off with is nothing.) So be patient. If not tell me.

Uh, no, that isn’t how sprays work.

Even if it was I’ve been playing for a week or so with the same spray and I still can’t see it, and yet when I spray it on a wall in a server other people can see mine.

Change sv_allowupload to 1. If it’s 0 then sprays won’t be allowed to be cached on the server.

sv_allowupload was already set to 1. I still can’t see other players sprays or my own.
sv_allowdownload is also 1

Try deleting your garrysmod\garrysmod\materials emp folder, it’s where all the sprays are stored that you receive.

Make sure the checkbox “Disable Sprays” isn’t checked.

I had this problem before but when I changed computer it started working again. Didn’t really know what was the problem.

Please read the OP, I already said that sprays are enabled in the multiplayer options.

There wasn’t one there, so I made one just now.
Restarted gmod, still doesn’t work.

Indicates that GMod isn’t creating or receiving any of them, hence the invisible.

Tried a clean install?

r_decals 500

I was hoping to avoid having to do a new install, but I’ll try it since there’s nothing else that seems to be working.

it was already at r_decals 2048

[editline]fuck[/editline]

well, I deleted my gmod local content through steam and re-installed gmod, sprays still don’t work.

If that’s all you did, then that doesn’t count as “clean”. Rename your garrysmod/garrysmod folder to something like garrysmodold, start the game, will reset everything back to new. Try again. If that fails, we’ll need to do some registry editing.

Regedit > HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Valve > Source > Delete the garrysmod folder

I have the same problem as OP. My sprays work on HL2 Multiplayer and CSS but they don’t work at all in gmod just like OP said im going to try your solution I hope it works.

EDIT: Well sadly both of your suggestions did not work, I don’t understand what is wrong but seems that more people are having this problem…I’m really sad.

Tried searching the forums and found this. I also suffer from this problem now. Going to try clean install and I’ll report back.

[editline]29th December 2012[/editline]

No cigar. I’m still the only one that can see my spray. My vtf is only 86kb, and a few people on the server I was on got their sprays to work but most also couldn’t. Was the filesize limit lowered or something?

You’re nearly a full year late.

I copied my vtf files from tf2 over to garrysmod and it seems to work. Not sure if it is working because of this or a different server. I’ll do some more testing.

[editline]29th December 2012[/editline]

Yes, it seems to be a problem with certain servers.

This helped so much, I registered just to reply to it, thanks dude, I’ve been playing tf2 for nearly 1.5 years now, and I was only able to see sprays for about a week, I had or did everything everyone else said and it didn’t work, this did, kudos to you :D!

This still happens for me, any ideas? :confused:

Follow “all” instructions above EXECPT the one about a clean install do that last but just before that verify your source game(s) and gmod. Hope this helps!