Allow pixel shaders..?

Yes, I admit it, my graphics card is horrific. However, it DOES seem to work with pixel shaders. Problem is, source doesn’t seem to realise this and disables it (aw)
If I use lua_run to force “render.SupportsPixelShaders_2_0” to return true, suddenly the morph postprocess effect works! :O!
So does this mean I can use pixel shaders? They work fine on facewound

If it does, does anyone have something I can use to allow pixel shaders in garrysmod? Maybe a console command or a command line option? I’m running it with -dxlevel 81, so if that breaks it, tell me :stuck_out_tongue:

Yup, make it 90 or higher.

Tried that. Crashes garry’s mod on startup, which is the exact reason I downgraded it. Any other ways? :smiley:

To use pixel shaders to full extent, you have to run source engine at the highest directx level. Use -dxlevel 98 to enable all effects, but be advised it will turn every setting to the max, and since you’re using directx 81, for a reason, your video card won’t handle advanced directx9 effect (E.G. HDR)

[editline]04:33PM[/editline]

If it crashes, it’s simply because your video card doesn’t support it.

Hm ok. This is strange, because for the first time that I started SMOD, I had forgotten to use -dxlevel 81, and it ran perfectly with DirectX 9 (blur when zooming, etc). And now, if I forget to use -dxlevel 81, it crashes.
Well I suppose if my card doesn’t like DX9 then it doesn’t like DX9 D: