allowdynamicpropsasstatic doesnt work

so i was just using this custom VBSP:
http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1488605

and while it seems to recognize -allowdynamicpropsasstatic as an actual parameter, it doesn’t do what it’s supposed to do.

** Executing...
** Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -allowdynamicpropsasstatic -nodefaultcubemap -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod" "c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps\dev\fruit"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Apr 29 2016)
allowdynamicpropsasstatic = true
nodefaultcubemap = true
4 threads
materialPath: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod\materials
Loading c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps\dev\fruit.vmf
Could not locate 'GameData' key in c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\gameinfo.txt
fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides...
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (0)
ProcessBlock_Thread: 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10 (0)
Processing areas...done (0)
Building Faces...done (0)
FixTjuncs...
PruneNodes...
WriteBSP...
done (0)
writing c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps\dev\fruit.prt...Building visibility clusters...
done (0)
Finding displacement neighbors...
Finding lightmap sample positions...
Displacement Alpha : 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10
Building Physics collision data...
done (0) (2282 bytes)
Error! To use model "models/cire992/colony/hut_aerial_a.mdl"
      with prop_static, it must be compiled with $staticprop!
Error loading studio model "models/cire992/colony/hut_aerial_a.mdl"!
Placing detail props : 0...1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10
Compacting texture/material tables...
Reduced 5 texinfos to 3
Reduced 1 texdatas to 1 (26 bytes to 26)
Writing c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\garrysmod\maps\dev\fruit.bsp
0 seconds elapsed

i must be missing something completely obvious. any of you have a clue?

A model that wasn’t compiled with the $staticprop parameter is implied to have bones and moving parts. If I recall correctly, the game will refuse to use such models on prop_static entities, even if the compiler did allow it.

To clarify, the default compiler only allows you to use models on prop_static if they were compiled with $staticprop AND if they don’t have prop_data (or if the prop_data block contains the allowstatic parameter). The custom compiler only lifts the latter restriction. This should let you use any model on prop_static, as long as the ‘static’ checkbox is checked in Hammer’s model viewer. Other kinds of models are still out of the question, sadly.

thanks for clarifying. i guess i’ll just have to recompile these models with that parameter