Almost all players on my server crash when a player gets kicked

Does this happen to anyone else? I have no fucking idea what would be causing it, but it’s really starting to be a problem on my server.

I even remade the kick/ban functions to have a delay to see if it would fix it but the problem still pursues. Is there anyway I can find out what’s causing it?

Seems to happen here too. Don’t know if SourceMod causes it or not.

Same here, when you try ban/kick a player, sometimes it crashes almost all the players. I don’t know if it’s linked, but there is more : random players get timed out ( they crash ) … I don’t know why. It’s really strange.

Same here, using ply:Kick().

It’s not just the function ply:Kick() too. Using the console command “kickid” seems to cause it too.

Maybe the gatekeeper thing would work around that

Yeah, I thought the same. It still was causing crashes. As long as the client is fully in the server and not connecting it can cause the crashes.

TnB seems to crash too, I’ve tried different ways of banning/kicking the player and it still crashes everyone.
I’m pretty clueless on what’s causing this too.

I setup a getsatisfaction page.

http://getsatisfaction.com/facepunch/topics/clients_crashing_when_a_player_gets_kicked

Started around a week ago (That was brought to my attention.) , but it doesn’t seem to happen all of the time.

This has been happening for like a few months yeah. It became less of a problem at TnB lately though. Only happens occasionally now and it used to happen every time one was kicked or banned.

You’re not the only one experiencing this; I’d recommended Garry to update a fix for this.

That is the only alternative.

Been happening on Darkland occasionally after map change, any ideas to what causes it?

] kick Cuber
Dropped Cuber from server (Kicked by Console)

] lua_run for k,v in pairs(player.GetAll()) do v:Kick("Cuber") end
> for k,v in pairs(player.GetAll()) do v:Kick("Cuber") end...
Dropped Cuber from server (Kicked by Console : Cuber)
Dropped Bot01 from server (Kicked by Console : Cuber)

Disconnect: Kicked by Console : Cuber.

Works for me fine, result nothing is wrong with it. :v:

That has nothing to do with it. Good job.

Your bad coding?

You’re a fucking idiot.

It’s Cube.

Cube has never known what he’s doing.

Getting the same problem here, started occuring here about 2-3 updates ago (with kick and ban).