Alt Tabbing - Black Screen Issue

Basically, whenever I alt tab in gmod to go to my desktop and come back into the game my screen just goes black. Everything else seems to be running in the game since I can hear it and even when I put my mouse over the menu area I can hear the sound effects.

I’ve narrowed it down to the fact that I run it in 1366 x 768 but my monitors native resolution is 1920 x 1080 - I have to run it lower because it’s easier for me to see everything otherwise my eyesight is not good enough to see the really small text chat and scoreboards.

Running it in DX version 8 fixes this problem, but it causes all sorts of other graphical issues such as invisible fire and strange model textures for me.

This only started happening this month, I’m not sure if there is an update to blame but I’ve been running it fine for the last 3 years like this.

I would really appreciate any help so that I can run it at normal DX levels.

- Thanks in advance.

So try running it in your native resolution with dx9? Sounds like you need glasses if you’re adjusting your resolution really low just to read text. The scoreboard text is nowhere near tiny -_-

OT: I’m surprised games run in dx8 still, dx9 is practically the new legacy DX level to fall back on