Alternatives to trigger_gravity

Thanks to metallics, my gravity triggers are now working!
“Try setting it to something non-zero? like 0.001?”
I did so and all is well, you truly deserve some cookies.
Thanks to the others who responded for giving me hope of eventually finding a solution, it is greatly appreciated!

HOWEVER
The effects of trigger_Gravity remain when an entity leaves the trigger so I guess Im going to need to add some extra triggers.

Can you post the settings? And as far as I know there isn’t any alternative that’s as effective; a trigger_push that points straight up would give the appearance of lower gravity, but it’d be impossible to make it a perfect zero gravity effect on everything because all objects have a different weight and therefore a different force needed to completely cancel out the downward force of gravity.

GMod only.

He said he also tried gmod. But as for why it’s not working, I’m not sure. All of the settings seem to be correct. Make a test map with a bunch of different areas, clearly marked, and make a trigger_gravity in each with different settings. Make one with the same settings (to see if the problem is specific to only that one map), one with all the flags that you have checked but with a dif gravity value, one with a gravity value of 0 but with only the client flag checked, and one with a dif gravity value and only the client flag checked. If none work (in gmod of course), well, I have no idea what’s goin on. Just keep trying different flags. I’ve never used a trigger_gravity before myself, but this is just standard entity error testing for me.

It’s a gmod Lua entity, derp.

…I understand that. What I don’t get is your point; he said it doesn’t work in gmod either. Unless that somehow relates to the solution of his problem (which I’m not saying it doesn’t cuz I don’t really understand the significance of it ATM), stop posting about it.

He’s discussing how trigger_gravity doesn’t work right?
And wants an alternative…

func_gravity is an alternative…
A GMod only alternative.

Oh goddamn it. That’s what I get for rushing. Sorry metallics, I misread both as trigger_gravity. I suppose you’re right. But do you know why the trigger_gravity isn’t working?

read the link he posted for the fix.

That’s not a fix. Now you’re doing the same thing I was; that link is for func_gravity, while the entity the OP’s asking about is a trigger_gravity. He posted that link as an alternative, which the OP also asked for.

EDIT:

Unless you meant the link inside the link; even then, that doesn’t completely solve his question as in it it says that it does work on the player, and the OP said the trigger_gravity doesn’t affect anything.

It’s fine I do it too.

Try setting it to something non-zero? like 0.001? I have no idea why it’s not working but the first step is to try a different value for it, another alternative I guess would be to use a point_server_command to modify sv_gravity (basically what trigger_gravity does anyway)

Thanks, and yeah, I recommended setting it to a different value too. And I completely forgot about commands, so yeah, I think that would work. But, just because I’m annoying, it’s point_servercommand. :fuckyou:

void CTriggerGravity::GravityTouch( CBaseEntity *pOther )
{
	// Only save on clients
	if ( !pOther->IsPlayer() )
		return;

pOther->SetGravity( GetGravity() );
}

Thanks to metallics, my gravity triggers are now working!
“Try setting it to something non-zero? like 0.001?”
I did so and all is well, you truly deserve some cookies.
Thanks to the others who responded for giving me hope of eventually finding a solution, it is greatly appreciated!

HOWEVER
The effects of trigger_Gravity remain when an entity leaves the trigger so I guess Im going to need to add some extra triggers.

yea you need triggers on both end resetting the gravity to normal state :slight_smile:

I find it easier just to have a trigger_push with 600 push upwards