Alternatives to Workshopper?

I need an easy (no command line) program to update workshop stuff since apparently Garry didnt code a scrollbar into Workshopper’s addon list and my addon is at the bottom… Tried GMPU but I cant convert my folders into a gma file because gmpublish is a bitch that closes instantly without telling you what you did wrong.

You could use the java tool. Afaik it does all for you. As for gmpublish and converting files, gmad.exe is used to convert folders to .gmas, and if you want to see its output, you will need to use it properly, though a .bat script.

GMosh is nice. By FPtje.
It’s a cli, but seems easy to use and has a context menu button.
I haven’t tried it (I just use standalone gmad/gmpublish with my batch file), though.

http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1381024

When running your gmpublish, try using a .bat file and type
pause
at the end to see what happens.

Or just navigate to GarrysMod/bin, shift+right click, select open command window here, enter:
gmad [commands] or gmpublish [commands] and it won’t close

if you execute gmpublish.exe through a cmd window it doesnt close instantly, as long as you start cmd first then cd to that folder. like others have said, gmad is for compressing your addons into GMA files, gmpublish is for uploading

to compress a file with gmad use

gmad.exe create -folder "C:\my\addon\folderpath" -out "C:\addonname.gma"

to update an already uploaded addon simply do

gmpublish.exe update -addon "C:\addonname.gma" -id "<workshopid>"

Using the Java one again because I couldn’t get Gmosh to work using the command line. But I need a .gma file but dragging my folder onto gmad.exe just results in it closing instantly…

Usually, when I open workshopper, the addons aren’t in alphabetical order. it just loads them in the order it wants.

You can also just rename the original addon to something like “AAA” and update it, then rename it back.

Drag’n’drop is for next version of GMod ( Dev branch ), in the normal version you gotta use .bats

Really? Cause the tutorials I found say to drag and drop :frowning:

Do you have a bat file I could use?

What tutorials? The one of the wiki does indeed say drag’n’drop, I expected the update to roll out way earlier.

Posting my .bats again:
Drag’n’drop gmad.exe create .gma

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\bin\gmad.exe" create -folder %1 -out %1.gma
pause

Drag’n’drop gmad.exe extract

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\bin\gmad.exe" extract -file %1

Drag’n’drop gmpublish create: ( Icon must be the same name as .gma, you can probably modify this to accept 2 files or something )

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\bin\gmpublish.exe"  create -addon %~n1.gma -icon %~n1.jpg
pause

Drag’n’drop gmpublish update: ( change id and changes, -icon param won’t work until next update )

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\garrysmod\bin\gmpublish.exe" update -addon %1 -icon %~n1.jpg -id "104606562" -changes "Fixed something"
pause