amazing rust progamer or not?

We’ve all had experiences with hackers. And hackers ruin the game. Because of this they get vac banned or kicked from servers. I understand it’s alpha and i’ve been pleased with the dev’s ability to remove the more annoying hacks (loot through walls, walk through doors, suicide etc.).

My issue is when there is a person, or people, on a server who just dominate everyone. They are so good that everyone calls them a hacker. The admin investigates their accounts, watches them stream, looks at their FPS stats, hours played, competitive game history etc and determines they are either legit (or that there is not enough evidence to prove they are hacking). Is there a difference between fighting with a hacker who shoots with AMAZING accuracy and a legit player with AMAZING accuracy? The only difference that i’ve had is that dying to a hacker makes me angry.

What’s the difference between these two situations:

1. Getting killed and having all your stuff taken, over and over again, with no chance of fighting back by a hacker.

2. Getting killed and having all your stuff taken, over and over again, with no chance of fighting by a rust progamer.

I tried responding to a hacker by getting 5 good rust players together and attacking him at the same time. Because of abnormally good accuracy we all die and lost 6 times the amount of stuff.

I tried responding to a rust progamer by getting 5 good rust players together and attacking him at the same time. Because of abnormally good accuracy those who didn’t die ran away and we lost 4 times the amount of stuff.

As far as I can tell i would rather get killed by the hacker because I know they will get vac banned or kicked from the server than someone who shoots legit with 95% accuracy.

I’ve played against pro CS players and dying to them is not that bad because you get a new gun, new armor, in like 2 minutes. In rust, after dying several times to an amazing player i’m out of guns and armor and i’ll have to farm for a while, while getting killed by noobs because i have no guns and armor, to get the firepower to arm up several people to go die to a progamer again.

How can an admin tell if somone is:
-using an aimbot while missing shots on purpose (descreetly aimbotting) to shoot with 95% accuracy
-using nosway/norecoil/no arm move + crosshair to shoot with 95% accuracy
-a legit progamer shooting with 95% accuracy

at first an admin cant tell that different, onely VAC can in most situations (flying etc is a different point) :slight_smile:

every admin can just do his best or not to make the game fair on his decitions. and VAC can onely ban hackers they confirm. :confused:

dont think i dont get ur point, i do get it, im also not a good player in pvp, but to punish ppl for thair better abillyty to survive isnt fair, if he is beter then you becouse of skill he deserves it to kill you and take your stuff (sure its not nice) but if a player get ur stuff becouse he uses his hacks he didnt deserve that becouse he didnt earnt it… in my opinnion

well at least u have a minimal chance against the pro, against the hacker and his godmode you have no chance.

please dont take that as offence its just my oppinion u asked for :3

You can generally tell a good player from a hacker in several ways:

1. Hours played - if they have >1k hours logged in Rust, they’re probably legit, and probably very good shots. Also, people with this amount in CS:S or CS:GO will also do extremely well in Rust.
  2. ESP - look for people who seem to always know where you are. A good player can keep track and predict pretty well, but never with 100% accuracy unless you’re not running/hiding very well.
  3. big misses followed by a lot of big hits - most hackers are terrible players. When they toggle to try to look legit, it’s often pretty obvious.
  4. the “snap” - most obvious when they have a laser sight or flashlight out, they’ll suddenly “snap” to a target and have a streak of massive accuracy, then suddenly their aim is relaxed again.

None of these are really definitive, though. I’ve played with players who track ridiculously well (and have since well before ESP existed in Rust), have ridiculous aiming, etc. These are good indicators, but do NOT guarantee a hacker.