Hello, since the last update, ambient_generic sounds are playing on the map origin instead of the entity location.
I hope garry fixes this soon, but meanwhile, Is there anything we can do about this? Yes. Spam the shit out of the facepunch forums with request to fix it.
jk lol. do it if you want but it isn’t a good idea.
Now the real solution:
- Build your map away from the world origin.
- Place the ambient_generic away from your map, (near the origin perhaps?)
- Create an info_target where you want your sound to play. Give it a name.
- Set your ambient_generic “SourceEntityName” to the name of the info_target
That will fix the problem for now.
- The sound will play at 2 locations (origin and at the info_target), that’s why you gotta put your map away.
I hope I helped you, if you know a better method please post it below.
Check out my maps!