Animated raindrop texture request (Right section?)

Hey guys, I’m not sure if this belongs here or not, so could a mod please move this if needed?

Anyway, I need a transparent animated raindrop texture I can put over a brush on a window, something like this:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9311300/rain.jpg

The rain should streak down the texture and loop after a few drops. Size may be an issue, this will be placed extensively in my map and on windows of varying size.

Cheers.

You do know this would be increadibly hard to make and would take a very long time to do.

Wouldn’t you be better off with some kind of particle effect? (if you can have them affect textures like that).

Edit: Actually maybe you could make some sort of proxy to randomly place a raindrop and move it down then have lots of them.

I was thinking a still texture with the raindrops on it with a scroll proxy could work nicely, would that be hard to accomplish?

Not sure as to it’s diffculty tbh, i’m not much of a texture artist, but its certainly doable (easier than making it actually animated).

It would be simple just it wouldn’t look that good if you looked at it long enough

That shouldn’t be a problem, it’s L4D2 so the players won’t be staring at the windows for long periods of time, though there are lots of windows, having this effect adds a touch of realism and eye candy.

I beg to differ.

Why?

Well if you idle in L4D or L4D2 For too long the infected start to bum you.