A lot of you are nostalgic about Legacy Rust, a lot of you are not. A majority of people on the other hand are somewhat on the fence, they like a lot of the new stuff, but miss a lot of the old stuff. I think most players who played both will agree the new Rust has a lot of potential and has improved in most areas of the game in a significant matter. Then again, the devil is in the details… Legacy had a ton of little minute details that all intertwined to make for an almost perfect balance between all areas of gameplay, be it farming, building, PVP’ing, researching, exploring, raiding, etc.
This mod is aimed at making minor tweaks to Experimental to make it feel more like Legacy. I identified and addressed a series of little things and alterred them in Experimental to improve balance and enjoyment, all while remaining true to the changes that do make Experimental better.
This is a work in progress, I have a long list of stuff I want to change on top of what’s already done. I am eiger to hear about your thoughts, concerns and suggestions and I will be using that feedback to shape how the mod evolves in the future.
At the current time, this mod is not public. Look for the keyword “LIME” in the server listing to find the server(s) we have running it and come try it out!
So here is the list of changes as of version 1.0.0. I will be updating this post to add new features as they are done.
- Craft rate is 3X normal
- Gunpowder craft rate is X10 normal
- The following blueprints are now default blueprints: Codelock, Waterpipe shotgun
- Explosion Radius of Timed Explosive Charge is 0.75 instead of 4.0
- Triangle costs are 50%
- Pillar costs are 25%
- Health of pillars is 400% normal
- Health of foundations is 400% normal
- Salvaged Axe now has the same durability as a hatchet
- Salvaged Axe has X2 wood gathering rate vs hatchet, making it the top wood tool
- Noob rock has 5X durability vs normal
- Stack size of most items is X2
- Stack size of food items is 40 (including cans and other items that usually single-stack)
- Stack size of rockets is X4 (they stack to 12)
- Stack size of Charcoal now matches sulfur for convenience
- Stack size of bandages is now 5 units
Like I said, this is just the beginning and they are mild-tweaks for the most part.
Come try it out and tell me what you think!!!
NEW in 1.0.1:
- Fixed wood stack size so its 125% (as opposed to 120%) the size of ore stacks. This allows you to split a 2k stack of metal ore in 4, put a stack of wood, 1 metal frag and end up with 2001 frags and nothing else left in there
- Added an extra wood/ore gather multiplier (set to 2x by default) to reduce the dreaded Experimental grind
- Adjusted radiation in rad towns so that anything under 250 is 20% damage, anything under 400 is 50% damage, above 400 is 100% (normal) and hitting 500 is instagib
- Fixed salvaged axe destroyFraction that was making trees doing down real fast (brought to zero there is no more wastage you get the whole tree)
- Added revolver to default blueprints