Annoying, Weird Sounds

Hey… I have a big problem, when I (Not just me, everyone, that’s how I know it’s the server) walk around in my DarkRP server I will eventually hear some really annoying, random noises. Sometimes they’re scary and sometimes they’re fucking annoying af. I’m talking so annoying that if you continue to listen to it you’ll eventually kill yourself. Could someone help me please… This is making people leave my server.

Some maps have sound scripts. What map are you talking about?

rp_downtown_v4c_v2.bsp

Those are the broken soundscapes that have been around since GM13 was released.

Use this server-file to remove them:

[lua]hook.Add( “InitPostEntity”, “RemoveSoundScapes”, function( )
for k, _ent in pairs( ents.GetAll( ) ) do
if ( !IsValid( _ent ) ) then continue; end
if ( _ent:GetClass( ) == “env_soundscape” ) then
SafeRemoveEntity( _ent );
end
end
end );[/lua]

Do I put that as “/garrysmod/lua/autorun/<name>.lua”?

lua/autorun/server/whatever.lua yes…

If you left it in autorun/ it would be “shared” and clients may get an error; or they’d be forced to run an additional loop.

Ahh, thanks mate! I have another question, does that, “If you left it in autorun/ it would be “shared” and clients may get an error; or they’d be forced to run an additional loop.” apply to any script? Because in that case I need to move some of my other .lua’s there.

Well, if they contain “server” information such as database info; move them because the client will download and include them.

Only put stuff there that you want the client to “see” in addition to include. server/ folder for things you want only the server to see and include; and client/ folder for things you only want the client to see and include.

Omg Thank You!