Another updateless week

Surprised? Oxide crew makes more progress.

they have less to work with :smiley:

Can oxide add content or just tweak settings?

^lmao what

Go buy Nether, then come back and complain about update frequency. :v:

Another speechless week. That’s what bothers me.

Yeah would be nice to have seen an update stating something like:

Hey everyone sorry for another up-dateless week however we have been extremely busy working on the underlying frame work to help get new content out faster while striving to finish the new GUI. Hang in there good stuff is coming.

However, when your super busy with a bunch of things, its the little things that slip your mind or feel like a back breaker. Hopefully some communication will come down soon tho as its so important.

[editline]27th March 2014[/editline]

To my knowledge Oxide just runs on Rust’s framework and can’t add new content, so essentially Oxide has to work within the limitations of Rust’s current code. However I could be wrong and there may be a way to do it, but that opens up a whole new issue of intellectual property.

We could post an update saying the exact same thing we posted a couple of weeks ago. Would that help ? Can’t you just wait until we have something new to say?

We’re not sitting around doing nothing. We have a lot of work to do. That’s what we’re concentrating on. Do you really need us to come and pat you on the head every couple of days?

Yeah its not like they havent been working on precedural generation literally all week

Garry has spoken. Problem solved.

Yes, I am very happy.

Dammit, of course Garry had to post right under my post. The shame… :frowning:

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of crying voices voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.

Yes it would help, You guys need to realize that you are dealing with mainstream now. Do you think they understand what a REAL Alpha (as in not EAs 2 weeks till launch beta) is lol .

In the time you took to write that post you could have updated the “weekly” updates page to say “still working on…”

Personally I’m enjoying the game and can wait to see what more you guys come up with but Facepunch could really use a community manager that knows how to deal with the “Must have this now” generation.

Haha,im glad Garry has spoken.Now stop whining,enjoy this awesome game,and patiently wait for next update.

I myself check both trello and your main website every day for new updates and I’m sure that I’m not alone. You did something great, you made a game we love, don’t be mad at us for supporting it. We all just want to see a little more communication from you guys, that’s all.

Garry. I don’t care if Rust doesn’t get an update for two months. Just keep people informed. Maybe something similar to what Kebal Space Program does. “Devnote Tuedays”.

That’s what Trello is for.
I mean I’ve been following the Rust Trello for a while and it has pretty much all the info that people are whining about not having.
They just aren’t using it.

I agree with that. But a weekly status update shows the community that they care. It’s preventive maintenance. Maybe it will stop all of the whining about no updates. Probably not though, this community will always find something to whine about.

You hit the nail right on the head there.