Anti Cheat Protection

I know this has been talked about many times but I still haven’t found a solution. I’ve had way too many scripting trolls in my server and I would like to weed them out. Only thing I’ve come across is someone saying “ya i bet you cant get through my anti cheat” and that’s great and I understand why they can’t release it to the public but I gotta do something here its getting ridiculous. I’ve also stumbled upon FAC but I am not really sure how to set it up. If you know of anything I can run to weed out most of these people please let me know! Or If you could help me understand FAC I would really appreciate it!!

and don’t say script enforcer :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you have that? If so go look through the code for the commands to see what they do then run them. Otherwise I’m pretty sure it’s just a drag drop addon. I tested it on my server, it kicked me for forcing SE, without me even running commands for the addon so…

[editline]11th November 2010[/editline]

Scriptenforcer :stuck_out_tongue:

[editline]11th November 2010[/editline]

I said it

The clientside detection for scriptenforcer is now broken as of when garry decided to change how it worked. I might eventually release a new version of FAC, but I probably won’t.

This was about a month and a half ago when I tested it (more then likely 2 to 2 and half but for sure 1 and a half months).

Is there anything at all I can do? I know I obviously will not get rid of every hacker/script kiddie but is there anyway to weed out the majority?

Scriptenforcer’s the best solution right now.

use scriptenforcer and BAN? it’s pretty obvious when someone uses aimbot etc

Only the ones you notice. It’s not overly hard to make it very hard to notice.

scriptenforcer doesn’t seem to slow to many people down.

It should now. FAC won’t work unless you remove the scriptenforcer stuff.

Ya i tried doing that still didn’t work. Thought I heard something about FAC not working with ULX or something

I had some problems installing it, since ULX likes to do some funky stuff with metatables too.