Anti-lag system?

I started my server and my latency goes from 30-1000, and i was wondering how to implement an anti-lag system.

and i know its not my hardware.

It means you are maxing your upload speed and your connection can’t handle it.

high speed internet connection.
34mb/s download
4mb/s upload

When does the lag actually occur? It could be almost anything without this information.
A lot players/props, randomly, constantly, etc?

I suggest checking backgroundtasks too.

But there can be another problem. Type stats into the server console. It should show the server-fps. If it’s lower or equal than 60, the server is locked to that “frame-rate”. This can lead to locks, if it drops lower.

Type fps_max 600 into autoexec.cfg
Run Windows Media Player in background (It sets the Multimedia Timer higher than 60 fps). Or use this program, which does the same: http://www.gascot.plus.com/demos/fmmtimersvc.zip It install a windows server which increases the server-fps in background.

i had my altbinz running for some reason.
1mb/s downloading could have been the problem, ill cheak again today and see if it happens again.
also i think bittorrent was running (uploading to gmod.org files)

That would have been a major problem.

run well, didn’t really have many people to test with
connect 71.72.60.96:27015

If you have a server with less then 2mb upload / download speed 10 person slotter you shouldn’t be hosting one or you will have 1 ass huge bill to pay. :slight_smile:

i get unlimited bandwidth, dont matter.

No such thing as unlimited bandwidth, it’s not possible.

**Edit: **K rate me dumb then, you go ahead and pipe through 500TB a day and see if you lag. If you don’t that’s “unlimited.” Post results.

er yea there is I pay £17.99 a month for unlimited bandwidth just because it is not in your country other people might have it in there country i.e. I know the US have it and the UK have it

There is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and print screen what your speed is.

Oh god. Please. Someone kill me.

If they call it unlimited, you’re getting ripped off.

It’s called unmetered or uncapped. I run a datacenter for a living, I think I know what I’m talking about.

Listen to this guy

YEA crap I meant to say that I have no download or upload limit not bandwidth you right I’m wrong

should have said that before, never mind though

Prepare for Terms of Service rape.

Yea about 35 k/b download and 5 k/b upload would be pretty good for you, but try to keep away form bigger maps like rp_evocity , those maps tend to eat away at your ram, if your running a rp server try rp_downtown_v2 it’s a very nice map that’s been out for quite awhile, it is very fameous and most rp servers use it, if your running a build just run a flatgrass or a construct. :slight_smile: