Any good Website Hosting companies for a forum?

I started up my server recently. And wanted to jump to my website next. Can anyone recommend a good forum host with a decent price. I like the looks of Lithium Hosting, but can I just make a forum with them? Thanks everyone.

You’re going to need both a host and a domain name. Both are usually rented monthly or annual payments. My forum’s domain comes from 1&1, but the server was provided by a friend. You will probably have to shop around if you want the best prices. 1&1 does have a method of forum prefabrication if that’s what you’re after. I did mine by way of sourcecode from PHPBB mixed with some of my own handcoding. My main page, however, I am building from scratch with dreamweaver. Dreamweaver is a fantastic program and you can probably get an education edition quite cheaply, but it does take a bit of HTML and CSS knowledge to get the most out of it.

Thanks mate, but I think I’m going to try Lithium Hosting first. If it’s not for me. I’ll try your way. Thanks for the help mate.

Roger, good luck. I’m afraid I don’t know anything about Lithium Hosting but I haven’t had any reason to red flag them either.

1&1 is just terrible.

Next question… Does anyone know a good looking Forum template? …sorry

If you’re looking for something free try SMF with TinyPortal.

Ideally you would want to use vBulletin but that would cost you a chunk of money and isn’t really worth it unless you have a large community.

Hostgator is also pretty good as well (IMO stay the hell away from IX web hosting, they have me still running on PHP4 and refuse to update the server)