Anyone else seeing lots of chickens?

The Seattle server seems vacant of any animal except chickens. This may be an invulnerability thing, but it could also be a symptom of another issue: random animal type selection with a limited total.

Random selection sounds good, but if one animal proves to be more difficult to kill (carnivores, small critters, invulnerable chickens) than the others, it will likely survive. As its spawn percentage stays the same, it will come to be more and more common, until most/all animals will be that one. Maybe not a big deal when we were getting almost daily wipes, but if the servers stabilize then deer and pigs may become too rare.

With rabbits coming into the mix, the small-critter advantage could give us a massive shortage of animals that yield cloth.

Most likely the reason why you see a lot of chickens is because they are un-killable at the moment.

We may have gotten lucky in a way–the unkillable chickens exposed the long-term re-spawn issue.

I love how he said that and you still decided to point it out.

If wolves and bears don’t attack each other and need to eat to survive, I think wolves and bears would die in droves from starvation and would balance the ecosystem(like a real life one).

It’s practically the only reason why you see chickens running around in the first place. If they weren’t godded in the first place, they would be practically extinct in my land. Just like the trees, bears, wolfs, etc. It’s very easy to use up all the outside resources. Hopefully there can be some sort of breeding in order to add in more animals than usually.

I like that Chickens taste like Wolf. Reminds me of Mouse on the Matrix…

[referring to the soup]
Mouse: Do you know what it really reminds me of? Tasty Wheat. Did you ever eat Tasty Wheat?
Switch: No- but technically, neither did you.
Mouse: That’s exactly my point! Exactly! Because you have to wonder now: how do the machines really know what Tasty Wheat tasted like, huh? Maybe they got it wrong. Maybe what I think Tasty Wheat tasted like actually tasted like uh… oatmeal or uh… or tuna fish. That makes you wonder about a lot of things. You take chicken for example. Maybe they couldn’t figure out what to make chicken taste like, which is why chicken tastes like everything! And maybe they couldn’t figure out-
Apoc: Shut up, Mouse.
Dozer: It’s a single-celled protein combined with synthetic aminos, vitamins, and minerals. Everything the body needs.
Mouse: It doesn’t have “everything the body needs”…

i’m a little sad that everything no longer tastes like chicken:(

Someone had to do it

They are driving me up the wall with their constant sex tones! I had an invasion of chickens the other day so 3 of us had to run around in the dark killing them all. Hope they fix the distance on the sound soon :slight_smile:

Chickens are the easiest to kill when you’re just starting out. I’d actually like to see more of them, especially in areas where there are no predators. Every time I’m naked and chasing a chicken to kill it, I end up being dinner for a wolf or a bear.