Anyone knows Rust 10-15 fps fix?

When i go to the random rust server i always get like 10-15 fps when i play, i dont know why this is happening i played games like arma 3, dying light on good graphics and got good fps and no lags but in rust i get only about 10-15 fps and im lagging much. This sucks when i have to kill someone with gun or bow. Im playing on fast graphics.

My Pc Specs:

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit
Proccesor: Intel Core i7-4510 CPU @ 2.00 GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB
Video card: Nvidia GeForce 840M

Tried to use this method via nvidia control panel but it didn’t helped- https://www.reddit.com/r/playrust/comments/31tgqh/515_fps_on_good_pc/

Help me find a fix!

Computer is probably using the onboard graphics card (840M ain’t that awesome either… but… idk)

There’s a couple of posts around the forum related to this issue.

Your processor is a bit on the weak-end, which could explain some issues.
As with anyone who has issues with Rust and uses an Nvidia GPU, this is what I recommend to do:

840M is way better than the 600 and 500 series cards that people on here try to get away with let alone the HD Graphic cards…

Set your terrain detail to 19, see if this fixes the issue.

When i open the Nvidia Inspector my pc gets a blue screen error and automaticaly restarts i can’t access it

[editline]14th August 2015[/editline]

It didn’t helped

If you really want to play the game with this laptop wait for further optimization. At the moment it’s pointless to waste time making it run decent on it.

Patience.

I used to get around 30-40 fps with my 7870 2gb now after some updates I get constantly 50 fps up to 67fps. It will improve.

One way to increase FPS:

Go into F1

type:
graphics.shadowdistance 0

This turns off shadows.
It might help a bit.

Good, as it should… after all it was released a couple of years after those… right? …
And I never ever compared a 840m to any other card (except the onboard thing), so what’s your point?

Then there’s something badly wrong with your Nvidia drivers. Download the latest driver version, but after it’s downloaded, don’t immediately install it.

Instead, UNINSTALL the Nvidia drivers, restart your computer, and then install the driver that you downloaded.

Was just going to recommend the same.

To the OP, if your video card control panel is causing your system to bluescreen, then you have a serious issue with your drivers or Windows that needs to be taken care of.

Thats np im just going to wait till rust gets more optimized so i can get more fps.

Waiting for rust to get optimized is not going to solve your outdated Video drivers.

Seriously it doesn’t take that long to do.

Could it be added in config file, or i have to do this every time i start rust?

You could also use this command alongside the one rustrager posted.
“terrain.pvt false” = removes terrain blending, makes the game look a bit worse but apparently improves FPS by quite a lot.

I don’t know if it can.

We really need an option in the F2 menu to turn off shadows. It gets really old having to manually type this in every time I play.

And we need brightness option too i can’t see when its dark :smiley:

It’s called a torch or the candle hat.