Apple Mac Users!

I’m running RUST on my 2013 iMac, 2.9ghz Intel i5, 8GB DDR3 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M 512 MB.

Performance is absolutely shocking, even on the lowest settings I can’t get it to run properly for more than 2 minutes, most of the time it won’t even start.

Anyone else have this problem or know why it’s happening? (Please don’t just say “Because you have a Mac”, it’s really not helpful)

Thanks in advance

I am running it on a 2013 mbpr and am having the same issue here and resolution only goes up to like 1440x900 :confused:

Gutting isn’t it, I’m pretty sure it’s because of the stage of development it’s at, no where near ready for Mac users, this should be on the product info on steam, waste of money at the moment

I also use a Mac, however I use bootcamp so I have no problems! I suggest the same :slight_smile:

Might have to give that a go then, thanks :slight_smile:

Correct, it’s one of those things that mac gamers will have to deal with a while longer… But thankfully my gaming rig at home runs it beautifully :b

[editline]31st January 2014[/editline]

Overall though, Mac gaming has come a long way! Even in the past 2-3 years! So that’s a plus! :3

I keep considering building a gaming rig, but I do minimal gaming so can’t justify it, my Mac’s for video/photo editing and that’s about it lol

I really just use my macbook for school and gaming on the go. My rig is when I am hardcore gaming :b

I play it on an 2009 iMac, set the resolution to 1024x640 and Fastest, then when in game open the console. Do so by pressing F1 (FN F1 on Mac) Then type “grass.on FALSE” without the " ofcorse, and enter it.
May take 3 attempts to get it to work but then the grass is off and runs much smoother!