Area Portals - Help me!

I have recently put area portals in townsend and i have checked each building in the cordan state for any leaks on them but therre isnt and there all fine…but when it comes to compiling the map this is what i now get :confused:

2 threads
reading d:\program files\steam\steamapps\jamzzster\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps\Rp_Townsend_V1.bsp
reading d:\program files\steam\steamapps\jamzzster\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps\Rp_Townsend_V1.prt
LoadPortals: couldn’t read d:\program files\steam\steamapps\jamzzster\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps\Rp_Townsend_V1.prt

[Reading texlights from ‘lights.rad’]
[1 texlights parsed from ‘lights.rad’]

Loading d:\program files\steam\steamapps\jamzzster\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps\Rp_Townsend_V1.bsp
No vis information, direct lighting only.
21821 faces
21 degenerate faces
5168302 square feet [744235584.00 square inches]
49 displacements
128528 square feet [18508094.00 square inches]
221 direct lights

materialPath: d:\program files\steam\steamapps\jamzzster\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials
Loading D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\jamzzster\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps\Rp_Townsend_V1.vmf
fixing up env_cubemap materials on brush sides…
0…1…2…3…4…5…6…7…8…9…10**** leaked ****
Entity prop_static (-3586.00 4108.00 -169.65) leaked!

FindPortalSide: Couldn’t find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (5632.0, 8192.0, 210.5)
Leaf 0 contents:
Leaf 1 contents: CONTENTS_SOLID
viscontents (node 0 contents ^ node 1 contents): CONTENTS_SOLID
This means that none of the brushes in leaf 0 or 1 that touches the portal has CONTENTS_SOLID
Check for a huge brush enclosing the coordinates above that has contents CONTENTS_SOLID
Candidate brush IDs:

FindPortalSide: Couldn’t find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (6144.0, 7680.0, 210.5)
Leaf 0 contents:
This means that none of the brushes in leaf 0 or 1 that touches the portal has CONTENTS_SOLID
Check for a huge brush enclosing the coordinates above that has contents CONTENTS_SOLID
Candidate brush IDs:

FindPortalSide: Couldn’t find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (6144.0, 6656.0, 210.5)
Leaf 0 contents:
Candidate brush IDs:

FindPortalSide: Couldn’t find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (4608.0, 8192.0, 210.5)
Leaf 0 contents:
Candidate brush IDs:

FindPortalSide: Couldn’t find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (3584.0, 8192.0, 210.5)
Leaf 0 contents:
Candidate brush IDs:

FindPortalSide: Couldn’t find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (2560.0, 8192.0, 210.5)
Leaf 0 contents:
Candidate brush IDs:

FindPortalSide: Couldn’t find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (5631.5, 5120.0, -496.5)
Leaf 0 contents: CONTENTS_SOLID
Leaf 1 contents:
Candidate brush IDs:

FindPortalSide: Couldn’t find a good match for which brush to assign to a portal near (5631.5, 5120.0, 376.0)
Leaf 0 contents: CONTENTS_SOLID
Leaf 1 contents:
Candidate brush IDs:

*** Suppressing further FindPortalSide errors… ***
Processing areas…done (0)
Building Faces…done (0)
Chop Details…done (0)
Find Visible Detail Sides…
Merged 8 detail faces…done (0)
Merging details…done (0)
FixTjuncs…
PruneNodes…
WriteBSP…

You have a bad areaportal - it can touch itself.

Think of areaportals like this - if you can go in a line, inside the level, from the areaportal and navigate back to the other side without touching it, it’s a leak.

[noparse]

[/noparse]

Code tags.

Well all the portals on the buildings are fine when i have tested in cordon state but when i compile the entire map this happenz

Yeah, because when you cordoned off a bit of the level, you cordoned the part where it finds a route back to itself

Nope…i cordon’d off the area around the buildings also so thats not an answer :frowning:

Yeah it is. It doesn’t matter what area you cordoned off; you didn’t cordon off all the level. Somehow, it found a way back after you uncordoned, for example, you cordoned off an opening.

You have a leak. map>load point file

Yes but i did the area around it so the entire building was there anyway so that doesnt matter its only really popped up when i’ve compiled the entire map…the portals what are there all seem to be fine even when the cordan tool grid is further away from the building keeping the area around it there so there isnt nay openings :frowning:

Maybe this will help you
http://rvanhoorn.ruhosting.nl/optimization.php?chapter=areaportals