Ascension ⬆ - A Game mode where you climb up stairs for hours with friends!

logo

The elevator is broken and you need to get up stairs to your office.

FAQ

What will Ascension be about?

I plan for it to be a walking/climbing simulator type Gamemode with a leaderboard to see who climbs the most. I also plan to have power ups and that stuff!

When will you start working on it?

When ever I get access I guess.

Who’s Working on it?

Only me right now. I’m hoping to get some mapping friends I know on the project.

Plans

• Leaderboard

• Power Ups

• Obstacles on your journey

• And more!

I hope that shows you what I’m working on now.

Any feedback to the idea will be much appreciated!

10 Likes

Reminds me a little of Elevator: Source, I like it.

sounds like something someone would macro to constantly run up the stairs and have a ridiculously high score, carpal tunnel would also decimate people with this without a macro or something otherwise.
also would there be anymore to it that just running up stairs and occasionally avoiding something or grabbing something?
since i imagine people would probably only play for a minute or two. unless you do something like elevator source that has funny events, although that was more so about the funny scenes that would happen than trying to get a high score.

1 Like

That’s what I was going for

1 Like

That’s why I’m adding traps and stuff

1 Like

nah that was get ear raped by some kid with a soundboard while looking at spooky things outside your elevator, this seems a bit more involved

1 Like

Unbeknownst to the player, John Smith on the 35th floor accidentally toppled a cart containing thirty liters of 300-degree coffee, large knives and heavy boxes that are now falling down the stairs and approaching near-terminal velocity.

now i’m going to add john smiths office at the 35th floor

2 Likes

Can I climb the stairs in reverse like Super Mario 64?

1 Like

If you want to take a look I made a demo of the map

I did not add any traps or stuff yet since I made this using the alyx sdk hoping to get a key soon though

2 Likes

I made a rough sketch of something

1 Like