Auto Server 1.2

This project has been abandoned due to a new release.

Auto server 1.3 will be released today, September 29th, 2014.
Details will be available soon.

Please release the source code with it

I wouldn’t really trust this kind of software if it was closed source and not from somebody reputable, so seconding what Banana Lord said.

Why would I do that. I dont want people putting their names on it!

Because that’s a way people can tell whether it’s a backdoor or not. To make sure there’s nothing fishy going on, it’s the reason chromium > google chrome.

-late-

true

allright ill do it… But if i see copies of it…

Do remember the other big point of open source is that other people can modify/make changes to it such as fixing bugs and adding features. Decent people won’t steal it and rebrand it though, if they do without getting permission it’s pretty scummy imo.

You can also protect it with a license, but I don’t know jack shit about that stuff.

What does this actually do? Your post just says “Auto Server 1.2 is a software designed for the use of server management and installation.”. I assume the installation part is just running hlds for you, what management features does it have?
What is the ULX menu for?

its an automated server downloading and installing tool

So the ULX menu downloads ULX for you?

That’s the idea

One major improvement would be the ability to choose what drive and folder you want to install to. Especially for people who don’t use C:/ as their main drive (my C: drive is for Windows only, I install all my programs to E:, for example)

Thanks for the advice. It will be added

Im still a tad skeptical about this…Wheres it downloading the servers from exactly?

The program itself just runs .bat files, which are just the standard steamcmd for installing

The servers are downloaded from valve… And i would like to ask that if anyone would like to be rude and pick apart or ridicule the software to please keep it to themselves.

Thank you

“omg somebody gonna copy my FREE python script and take credit for it!!!”

fite me ill make a super cool vb6 program way better than urs. my background will change colors randomly!

EDIT:

I also see for some reason you have a ulx users file in your ‘server installer’ that seems to make you and somebody else an owner by default huh?

"STEAM_0:0:50549517"	
{
	"allow"	
	{
	}
	"name"	"Osmos"
	"deny"	
	{
	}
	"group"	"Owner"
}
"STEAM_0:1:41035230"	
{
	"deny"	
	{
	}
	"allow"	
	{
	}
	"name"	"ⓛⒹ:Ⓒⓛ Huie Callie"
	"group"	"Owner"
}

No thank you… And lol view the source code. This software does not make anyone any kind of admin. That was a misplaced file from my private server. If you have any doubts view the source code. And I would also like to add that you seem to be having a bad day. I haven’t done anything to deserve your harsh comments. But I forgive you. And just to make everyone feel safe with the software I will remove the ulx users file.

[editline]3rd September 2014[/editline]

Well thank you guys for discouraging me from putting this software out there. This was my very first project and quite possibly my last. Special thanks to AJ. I thought people would just be nice and use this as a tool but it seems that they just want to compete and destroy.