An addon for finding backdoors
**I made this addon because I was tired of scripters/coders putting backdoors in their code, as this isn’t a nice thing or respectful thing to do.
It’s quite annoying, as well, because the amount of scripters doing such a thing is growing.
It’s a WIP, please tell me if there are any bugs, etc.**
Global Function Checking: Will check if any of these global functions are ran, with a user-friendly table it’s easy to add functions.
Function Protection: Detoured/Copied functions will not interfere with the Logging System
Severity Rating: Functions in the table have a severity rating, which notifies the user how severe the function ran is. Also user friendly.
File Saving: When a function in the table is ran, it will save the log to backdoorfinder/file_ran_in
Big Update is here!
— Added —**
- Global Function Checking (Will check all functions from table if they’re run)
- Added Function Protection:
- Optimized Code (removed needless if statements, etc)
- Made file saving look better
- Fixed Exploit
- Added more functions to the table
- Localized more functions to avoid detours
- Made tables in the main table work for indexed functions (e.x debug.setfenv, http.Fetch)
— Removed —**
- Removed if and end checking as this was inefficient and was prone to mess up
- Removed Player.Kick and Player.Ban from the table as this would flag anticheats/adminmods
Enable - var: set to false to not run the addon (default true) BackDoorFinder.Advertising - var: set if it should print out the message 'This server is running Tyguy's BackDoorFinder Addon' every few minutes (default false) BackDoorFinder.AdvertisingDelay - var: set the delay of the print message in seconds (default every 5 minutes) if BackDoorFinder.Advertising is true
To Do List**
- Add a function/command to delete the code running the function
If you are running the addon, it is recommended to update - or if you don’t have it, and want it, download below
- This addon will show you calls by the functions in the table with information like where they were called - this does not mean it is a backdoor!
It simply shows you what and where something in the table is called - recommended for scripters.
- It is recommended to add ‘!!’ before the folder name, as this is supposted to speed up the load time of the addon,
according to man with hat (GitHub replaces ‘!’ with ‘-’)