Background image for chatbox?

Hello all!
I was wondering if there was any way to change the chatbox so that the background of it would be an image. Basically what I’m asking is “is there a way to remove the defult chatbox and simply keep the text aspect of it, but replace the background with an image like you can do with Huds, menus, etc etc”.

I’m sorry for the dumb question, haha.
If you don’t get what I’m asking… I’m sorry. I had a problem wording this. :stuck_out_tongue:

Probably, but you would have to put in your own derma/GUI code

No you can’t. The default chatbox is done in source, which you can’t change. However you should look into creating your own, so you can control every aspect of it, like the background image.

When I said put in your own derma/GUI code I was referring to making your own. :slight_smile:

No, you weren’t.

And what gives you the right to try and understand the meaning I had behind some pixels on your screen?

Oh and if you haven’t realized already, I was?

When I’m saying you have to put in your own code towards it, I’m hinting at you have to put in your own code? It’s never ideal to just stick some random ass piece of code on the original chatbox. If he didn’t know that, then it’s not my fault

Derma/GUI Code does not mean chatbox code lol. Regardless not gonna sit and argue.

Waffles it’s been stated above to code your own chatbox and I believe that is the best course as well. It’ll give you more power over everything (perhaps options to change the background image per the clients taste?)

sorry babe, but i do believe you would be using vgui and panels for a chatbox.

Babe? Really?

We’re talking about a chat box that isn’t just simple VGUI and panels to get decent functionality.