BB Anti-Cheat Question

I was going to look into making an anti-cheat for my server, but I don’t really know where to start. My server is running SE, so I don’t really have any problems with anything other than idiots who just go out and buy BB. Do any of you guys have methods/sample codes on what I need? Thanks in advance.

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=999918

Should give you some ideas. It’s also a good idea to download a baconbot crack so as you can examine the code for flaws.

Thanks FlapJack. Great job on that by the way. I just don’t really like how it’s whitelisted. It screwed up my whole TTT, and I didn’t really feel like adding the commands or putting the nots after the ifs on the isHook, isModule, etc.

So could anyone make a simple code that whenever it detected a “bad command” on a table, it would kick them? :slight_smile:

I don’t really know exactly how to detect player input commands.

That won’t work for BBot. BBot overrides engineConsoleCommand using setmetatable, same as FAC, meaning it doesn’t actually have commands.

So is there basically no way to block BBot?

[editline]01:26PM[/editline]

Or kick someone who’s using it?

Whitelists is the only way.

Block is the word you would use. Detect, you can detect it using functions looping threw functions. Making detours so ComWalk wouldn’t know that the function or white list/black list is to disable it for bacon bot. Good example is PERP 2.