Benefits of using GAMEMODE/GM table instead of making global functions/variables?

Many of the more popular gamemodes these days use GAMEMODE/GM to store all of their variables and tables for that gamemode. Is there any computational benefits to using the GAMEMODE table v.s. global tables? Is it more organized, or does everything process faster?

Thanks,
Gbps

you’re a tool.

There are no benefits in the field of processing speed( other than having less tables for the language to worry about ). However, storing everything related to the gamemode in the GM table gives greater insurance that the variables won’t conflict with anything the client and/or server have installed.

That’s what I assumed, but I wanted to check and make sure. Don’t want these things to fly me by.

[editline]12:51PM[/editline]

I don’t understand what’s “dumb” about this thread? I asked a simple question, and I got an answer.

it’s just that facepunch is some kind of 4chan wannabe.

[editline]06:55PM[/editline]

Facepunch is a SA wannabe.

what a horrible magichatdetective ripoff. cool cats of facepunch ironically are the worst as tehy hold themselves on a pedestal above the fp forum yet for some reason cannot stop posting on it.

When did we do that?

Again, I have found no connection to my OP and the thread that followed.